$20 on Amazon

#1 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

Digital d/l is currently on sale for $24.99 and when you add it to the cart/go to checkout, there is a $5 credit on it today. Here is the link.

#2 Posted by filmfanatic24 (49 posts) -

I'm not getting the $5 credit to show up, it just shows $24.99 at checkout. Are you sure you didn't have a $5 credit on your account?

#3 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

@filmfanatic24: It's part of a publisher deal. If you already bought a game from that publisher earlier then you get a $5 coupon toward another purchase of one of their games.

#4 Posted by filmfanatic24 (49 posts) -

Ah crud, I haven't. Oh well, $24.99 is still a pretty good deal.

#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Man, I need to stop looking at these forums. $19.99 was too good to pass up for the Giant Bomb game of the year.

#6 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Dammit I have a backlog of like 15 games to play, it's so tempting but I know I shouldn't right now and by the time I'm ready it'll be this cheap if not cheaper later.

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@RobotHamster

Dammit I have a backlog of like 15 games to play, it's so tempting but I know I shouldn't right now and by the time I'm ready it'll be this cheap if not cheaper later.

Solid reasoning. Where were you 15 minutes ago?
#8 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

@JJWeatherman: Where?? Umm think I was playing Sleeping Dogs then I came to Giantbomb.

#9 Posted by Mikemcn (6980 posts) -

@JJWeatherman said:

@RobotHamster

Solid reasoning. Where were you 15 minutes ago?

I read his level headed, completely rational statement as Amazon was processing my order, DAMN IT.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -

Anyone know if it's a Steam key?

#11 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

I got it when it was $25 like a week or so ago. I still haven't been able to get into it, though, because Far Cry 3 has been taking up all of my time. Does anybody else think that the controls for XCOM are a little clunky?

#12 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

@RobotHamster said:

Only fifteen?

#13 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

It is.

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:

@ajamafalous said:

It is.

Ah yeah, I knew amazon specified it somewhere but I couldn't remember where to look. Thanks.
#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@JJWeatherman said:

@ajamafalous said:

It is.

Ah yeah, I knew amazon specified it somewhere but I couldn't remember where to look. Thanks.

I'm not sure why, but it's not a reliable thing. I always check there first, then the product info (usually at the bottom of it), then use the review search functionality, searching "Steam" if all else fails--people will generally mention games either supporting Steam or not. I probably seem like a crazy person, but god, I just want all my games in one place, haha.

#16 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

Just a heads up, you still get the $5 credit after you purchase XCOM. While it doesn't apply toward the XCOM purchase, it's something to think over if you're debating on getting the game.

#17 Posted by Stradimus (64 posts) -

I derped on the that call for the $5 credit and how that works I guess. Sorry all but even if you don't have the $5 credit pending/plan on using a $5 credit, it's still an awesome deal for $25.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.