Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

360/PS3 Conundrum

freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By freedo

So, I'm trying to decide which version to get. My 360 isn't hooked up to the internet and my PS3 is, but I've heard bad things about the PS3's frame rate. That's the only one I'd be able to patch and play online, though.

So which one should I go for? Are the patches more important than a better frame rate?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By Justin258

My brother played a fair bit of it on the PS3. While it did get a bit framey, it didn't look unplayable. This doesn't seem like a game where frame drops terribly effect the experience either, especially since it's turn-based.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shortbreadtom

You don't want to play unpatched Firaxis games. Ever. They are famously busted on release, and XCOM is no different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'd get the one you can get patches on. I have the PC version, and XCOM had its fair share of bugs out of the gate. None were particularly detracting to my experience, thankfully, but I've heard stories. Also, you probably won't have to deal with the stupid Abductor UFO camera.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I'd say patches are probably more important than frame rate, though I still got plenty of bugs and crashes despite patching.

freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freedo

Ok, cool. Thanks duders!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.