Anyone get the iPad version yet?

#1 Posted by Jackel2072 (2235 posts) -

It's 20 bucks, and I'm kind of debating it but I'm having a hard time finding if its any good on iOS or not? Anyone pick it up yet?

#2 Edited by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

20 bucks? Geez... Pro tip get Playstation plus instead. 18 bucks right now gets you XCom, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, and whatever else they put up for grabs within a 3 month time span. Seriously, even though this is a full real game we're talking about It still baffles me that nobody trys a more reasonable pricing scheme for IOS ports.

#3 Posted by Jackel2072 (2235 posts) -

Well... I already bought it. XCOM is the kind of game I want to play in bed from time to time or have with me on the go. We'll see if I invest as much time into the iOS version as the PC version. But I'm kind of already happy with my purches. I will post impressions when it gets done downloading. Now I just need FTL on my iPad

#4 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Now I just need FTL on my iPad

Don't we all.

#5 Edited by randiolo (1090 posts) -

Not for $20, thats silly.

#6 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2130 posts) -

@randiolo: Seems fair for last year's AAA critical darling. If it was on Vita or 3ds, it'd be double that.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11646 posts) -

If it was on Vita or 3ds, it'd be double that.

I'd play a 3DS version >_> Maybe I should just replay Shadow Wars.

#8 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Man that's pricey. I want XCOM on the train really badly, but I don't know if I can justify that at the moment.

#9 Posted by The_Tolman (429 posts) -

I'm having trouble downloading it on iPad. Anyone else having issues?

#10 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -

Well... I already bought it. XCOM is the kind of game I want to play in bed from time to time or have with me on the go. We'll see if I invest as much time into the iOS version as the PC version. But I'm kind of already happy with my purches. I will post impressions when it gets done downloading. Now I just need FTL on my iPad

Check out King of Dragon Pass. A great version of a classic, and wicked beddy-byes time gaming.

#11 Posted by SpanxMcFranks (88 posts) -

I picked it up. It is a really great port, the touch controls work great. I think the $20 price seems steep, but this game is totally worth it. I don't mind paying this much for iOS games if they are at the quality level of XCOM.

#12 Posted by Kaibar (82 posts) -

I'm having trouble downloading it on iPad. Anyone else having issues?

I had to do a system update first, have you tried that?

#13 Posted by supergg2k (49 posts) -

I downloaded and installed it last night on my 64GB iPad2. It crashed twice in cutscenes but the gameplay has been solid.

I don't know if I would make a habit of paying $20 for iOS games, but in this case I think I am getting my money's worth.

Now if they would only find a way to bring Civ 5 to iOS. I love Civ Rev, but I want to have the full experience.

#14 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@randiolo: Seems fair for last year's AAA critical darling. If it was on Vita or 3ds, it'd be double that.

Man, I really want a Vita version of the game.

#15 Posted by GS_Dan (1401 posts) -

The price isn't too steep really, seeing as you're getting a full console game.

#16 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Also worth noting is that it's a universal app with cloud saves. Worth it in my opinion.

#17 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -

You're getting one of the most well liked games of the last few years in a portable form for a fraction of the price. I don't see the problem

#18 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Quick question, can you customize your soldiers like in the console game or no?

#19 Posted by Kidable (126 posts) -

Why would they make it $20 coupled with the fact there isn't 100% of the content in here from Consoles/PC? Nutty man.

#20 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

@kidable: Never know. I remember when Xcom came out that customization part of the games was a pre-order bonus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.