Can this be patched?

#1 Posted by Shacks (19 posts) -

Random classes and soldier countries, can these two things be patched? Is other disliking this as well that they might?

I want to make my friends but I can choose for them to me American (maybe because I am OCD), seems like of dumb. Also I have to restart again, because over half my team ended up being snipers. How about after a recruit is no longer being a rookie you can then choose what class you want them to be.

#2 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Anything can be modded.

#3 Posted by The_Infamous_Crow (2 posts) -

It can... But it won't

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Supposedly you can sort alter how your r

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man
Damn mobile site.

Supposedly you can sort pick how your rookies turn out.

#6 Posted by Tennmuerti (7720 posts) -

It's not a bug so it's not going to be patched. That's how the game is designed.

You can however abuse the saves at the end of a mission to try to get your rookies a different class. If you're not playing on iron man that is.

#7 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1853 posts) -

Patched? Sure, lemme just get Firaxis on the horn...

#8 Posted by Shacks (19 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man
Damn mobile site. Supposedly you can sort pick how your rookies turn out.

Hows that?

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Shacks

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@The_Laughing_Man
Damn mobile site. Supposedly you can sort pick how your rookies turn out.

Hows that?

Rumors are if you kill a lot with grenades you get heavy. Lots of crits gets you sniper. Lots of close combat gets assault. And if you level without killing someone or get kills with reaction shots it's support.
#10 Posted by Shacks (19 posts) -

Well I did notice two rookies get Heavy after getting a kill from a nade in their first mission, maybe there is something to that. Some of it you can't help though, like crits.

#11 Posted by SomeJerk (2966 posts) -

I think there's something to that. I started an easy run to check some things out, played a bunch of missions and used grenades (SHUT UP VAHLEN SHUT UP VAHLEN SHUT UP VAHLEN) when I had them to speed things up - three heavies and a support in my first batch of four soldiers.

#12 Posted by Gradev (43 posts) -

Hopefully there'll be some sort of patch when the dlc drops to sort some of the glitches/bugs. but would imagine that the class system is what it is

#13 Posted by EddyGamerLP (6 posts) -

Right now the only way to be sure is to buy the OTS ability that turns all your rookies into squaddies. But I find this option comes too late in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.