Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Controller on PC?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Meteor_VII

I know its probably blasphemy but I am curious why I can't just usb my 360 controller into my pc and it just work. But the main reason I want to do it is because the camera feels stiff with the mouse and keyboard. Also I can't figure out how to rotate the angle the camera looks like but every time I saw it played in the quick looks it moves around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It does work. Go to the options menu.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeF

@Meteor_VII said:

I know its probably blasphemy but I am curious why I can't just usb my 360 controller into my pc and it just work. But the main reason I want to do it is because the camera feels stiff with the mouse and keyboard. Also I can't figure out how to rotate the angle the camera looks like but every time I saw it played in the quick looks it moves around.

You do know that you need either a wired 360 controller or a 360-to-PC wireless receiver, right? Just making sure you didn't miss this. The game itself is obviously compatible since that's all they ever showed off since day one.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mostman

Playing with controller on PC myself and its excellent. The setting is buried a little bit and, unlike other modern pc games, doesn't appear to just auto detect the fact that you have a 360 controller connected. As long as you have the wireless adapter as mentioned above, it works.

nasseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By nasseh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.