Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Do i need all these corpses ?!

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

Hi, I am about 10 hours and I have been doing my best to capture and interrogate all new aliens i fight.

But now i have this mountain of alien corpses piling up.

Do i really need all of them after i have done all the research and everything on them, or can i just sell them ?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Christoffer

You probably don't need all of them. But i just got into a situation where I had to few Muton corpses... I think it was for engineering.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Wuddel

you can sell most, some foundry projects and items need them though. Certainly keep some of the heavy floater and bug (crystallid?) ones.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Some items need certain corpses to be made, so I'd quickly look those up before disposing of an entire cache of bodies.

Usually when I had like 30 Thin Man and 30 regular alien corpses, I'd get rid of all but 10 each, just in case

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ElCapitan

@Tfruit: Some of the plane items that require corpses are useful...For example, I think Sectoids make Aim modules and you need certain corpses to make certain armor.

If you don't need whatever items they unlock in Engineering then you don't need them and you can sell them. If you need the credits, sell away.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Zuldim

I tried to keep as many of a few types as possible (Chryssalid, and most of the late game aliens, specifically) but for things like Sectoids, Thin Men, Floaters, and even Mutons, I would only keep about 5 at a time.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@Tfruit: There are 3 particular corpses that are (somewhat arbitrarily) required to make one-time use buffs for your interceptors. I think you need Sectoids, Floaters (not as sure), and Cyberdiscs. So save a bunch of those, especially since Sectoids largely get phased out in the mid- and end-game. Those items come in handy, though once you have the better aircraft you don't really need them as much.

You need a certain number of Chrysalid corpses, first to research a type of armour plating (it's like improved Nanoweave Vests), then you need like 4 Chrysalid corpses each time you want to make that armour plating. But realistically, once you've bought like 2-3 of that item, that's probably all you need, so really you only need maybe 15-20 Chrysalid corpses the whole game?

Those are the ones I remember, so I'm pretty sure you can just sell Thin Man Corpses and Muton corpses with wild abandon, once you've researched the like ONE thing that requires their corpses. However, sometimes countries will say "Hey, I need X corpses of Y alien, we want to do our own study of them", and they'll give you some sort of reward if you can give them what they want. So try to hold on to a fair number of corpses in general in case countries ask, because those requests only last 20 days and usually you want to already have the corpses, because there's no guarantee you'll kill the right type of aliens within those 20 days.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

I'd just like to point out that the title of this thread is great out of context.

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By gloomytangent

@Ravenlight: Ahah, didn't even think about that.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By kerse

I usually sell if I go above 15, I sell a lot of stuff actually, I had an over abundance of metals, I would suggest not selling elerium I had the most shortages of that.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By ToxicFruit

Ok thanks for the info

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Christoffer

@Ravenlight said:

I'd just like to point out that the title of this thread is great out of context.

Anything video game related is great out of context. Always sounds like a bunch of horrifying madmen

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ruiner

Sometimes you get requests. I got a request fr 15 sectoid corpses after i sold off all of mine..

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mason

Someone (not me) should make an interactive checklist of all the research and tech in the game which will auto-calculate how many resources you'll end up needing for what you plan to get.

But maybe that ruins some of the fun? I suppose the lack of clarity on what to sell and what to keep is an integral part of the XCOM experience. And you never know if a country is gonna drop a wad of cash on your doorstep for those thin man corpses...so you stockpile them.

As it is, a lot of players are having a harder time than they should because they are sitting on a goldmine of resources "just in case", yet they've barely got money to scrape by. I'm near the end game, I'm flush with all the tech I ever need and yet I have so many unused/unsold materials. Could sell them after all, but why bother? 2 Firestorms in each continent? A full set of 6 archangel armors? Meh.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BisonHero

@mason: Yeah, because you never lose equipment, it does get to the point in the late game where (unless you're really screwed), you've probably bought everything worth buying. The only things you can really rebuy are S.H.I.V.s and Firestorms if they get totally obliterated, but that's fairly rare with Firestorms, unless you have literally the default weapons.

Though the huge money surplus happens less on difficulties above Normal, because you lose a good number of countries, and probably won't be flushed with cash, even near the end of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.