Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Final Mission Bug?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nux

I'm just about to beat the final mission but I think I might of encountered a game breaking bug. I just cleared out the second to last room but the door to the last room won't open, the door doesn't even show itself even when I'm right in front of it. Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Has this happened to anyone else? I tried quiting to dashboard and I even tried restarting my computer but neither worked.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Nux said:

I'm just about to beat the final mission but I think I might of encountered a game breaking bug. I just cleared out the second to last room but the door to the last room won't open, the door doesn't even show itself even when I'm right in front of it. Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Has this happened to anyone else? I tried quiting to dashboard and I even tried restarting my computer but neither worked.

There is a Thinman on one of the side areas. 
    Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nux

@rebgav: Either way I beat the room with the two Sectopods in it and the game won't let me progress to the next room. I'm sure I killed everything in that room.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By pompouspizza

@The_Laughing_Man: I'm close to the final mission, how hard is it?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nux

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

I beat the Thin man area before I entered the room with the Sectopods and Mutons.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

I beat the Thin man area before I entered the room with the Sectopods and Mutons.

There is side areas. There is one there. I had the same issue. 

@pompouspizza said:

@The_Laughing_Man: I'm close to the final mission, how hard is it?

I had no issue at all. 
    Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nux

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

Alright, I'll look around then. Thanks.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

I had the same thing. It will be ONE thinman I bet you. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

Wanna add for ME it was in the lower area. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

That's pretty messed up. Does the game just not reveal more of the map?

You only see what your guys see. For me I only knew because my sniper spotted him when he ran past. And my sniper was in his Angel armour. I assume if I had not had it I would never had seen him.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@rebgav said:

You only see what your guys see. For me I only knew because my sniper spotted him when he ran past. And my sniper was in his Angel armour. I assume if I had not had it I would never had seen him.

I meant that if you progress past that point as the OP has, without killing every enemy is there any indication? Now I recall that you should get the "soundwave" indicator if that's the case, so it shouldn't be too confusing. Still, it's odd that you can get almost to the end of the map before you have to backtrack.

Not really in here mosty because they are kinda telling a story at this point. The last mission seemed a bit..strange when looking back. And in the last mission each room has a set number of dudes to kill before you can even go to the next area. And the area is not super big. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man: Now that I think about it, I had a similar experience to the OP one of the times I did the Alien Base mission, I had to backtrack across the entire map after killing the Sectoid Commander because a few Chrysalids had spawned in a hallway early on when I was progressing along the opposite side of the base. Lost a high-ranked support officer thanks to that. It's an odd, annoying wrinkle in the design.

I only did one alien base. After I did my first Outsiders never showed up again. 
    Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nux

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

Well that was the problem. I missed a small room with two Thin men in it. The funny thing is that 3 of my men ran passed that room the first time and they didn't spot them. I have to say that I was pretty underwhlmed by the final room. My sniper just flew in there and killed the Uber Ethereal with 2 crits thanks to double tap.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nux

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@rebgav said:

I meant that if you progress past that point as the OP has, without killing every enemy is there any indication? Now I recall that you should get the "soundwave" indicator if that's the case, so it shouldn't be too confusing. Still, it's odd that you can get almost to the end of the map before you have to backtrack.

Not really in here mosty because they are kinda telling a story at this point. The last mission seemed a bit..strange when looking back. And in the last mission each room has a set number of dudes to kill before you can even go to the next area. And the area is not super big.

I'ts also a bit hard to hear the "chime" when the Uber Ethereal is talking which lead to my confusion.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

Well that was the problem. I missed a small room with two Thin men in it. The funny thing is that 3 of my men ran passed that room the first time and they didn't spot them. I have to say that I was pretty underwhlmed by the final room. My sniper just flew in there and killed the Uber Ethereal with 2 crits thanks to double tap.

Same here. But the ending is kinda good for what it is worth.  

I really hope they make Terror from the Deep. 
    viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By viking_funeral

@Nux said:

That seems to be the general reaction the final room. It would have been much more difficult if you had to kill all 3 ethereals and their bodyguards instead of just popping the one in the middle. I killed him with an overwatch shot when he stormed out of the room. (I mind controlled one of the spawns outside his room, and chucked a grenade at him. I guess that got his attention.)

I also had to do the backtrack to find some thinmen. I was not very pleased about that.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nux

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@rebgav said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nux said:

Same here. But the ending is kinda good for what it is worth. I really hope they make Terror from the Deep.

Yeah, I liked the ending and the twist, if you can call it that, was pretty neat. It really got me ready for another playthough on a higher difficulity. Also yeah a Terror from the deep remake would be pretty awesome. At this point anything XCOM would be awesome...for me at least.@Viking_Funeral said:

@Nux said:

That seems to be the general reaction the final room. It would have been much more difficult if you had to kill all 3 ethereals and their bodyguards instead of just popping the one in the middle. I killed him with an overwatch shot when he stormed out of the room. (I mind controlled one of the spawns outside his room, and chucked a grenade at him. I guess that got his attention.)

I also had to do the backtrack to find some thinmen. I was not very pleased about that.

I wanted to try something other then running in there with only my best unit but I figured I'd just scout out the room with my flying sniper first. I had no Idea that the final boss would go down so easily. It was pretty cool seeing him survive the battle with only 1 health though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nux: There is a door there, and it does glitch, it glitched on me just not in the same way as you.

I went inside the final room, had the little cutscene and all, and then after almost getting my ass handed to me, withdrew back into the previous room to set up defenses and try to kite the dudes out. Somehow by doing this, after I left the final room, the hallway (which still graphically showed the open door) was no longer walkable. This led to a long, annoying overwatch as close to the hallway as I could, since I could still see through it, and if the enemies walked in front of it, I could take a shot.

Eventually I learned I could use my sniper with the Archangel armor and fly off the map, around the ship and land back in the final room, and then I began an even longer, heart-racing series of turns, my 1 sniper looking for the big bad Ethereal boss. It sucked, but that part was kinda cool. Eventually got the guy to path into my sniper while he was on overwatch, and a nice crit later, roll credits.

But yeah, that door is glitchey as hell, and it sucks.

Avatar image for colonel_bologna
    Colonel_Bologna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I just bought XCOM: Enemy Unknown and all the DLC as it was on sale on Steam. I made it all the way to the last mission and I encountered a bug that I can't find anywhere here or on the wiki. In the final area with the Uber Ethereal the muton bodyguards were invisible but I could see their health and shoot them. I killed one but not the other and then on the alien's turn it won't move or do anything so I'm stuck on their turn. This is quite possibly the worst bug I've ever experienced in a game because now I have to restart the final mission and fight my way back to the Uber Ethereal. If it happens again I'm going to make sure I focus fire on those bastards. I don't know who'll see this since this thread is almost 2 years old but I had to vent my frustration.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odd. The final mission froze up on me too. I had to start the whole mission over again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.