Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

I put off playing this for the longest time.

kreeztoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've owned it since the day of its release, and enjoyed what I played of it at the time, but must have been distracted by other things because I didn't stick around to finish it. With the recent news of Ryan's tragic passing, I was looking for something I could play to comfort me, and I remembered how excited he was before Enemy Unknown released, and how much he loved it (being number one in his 2012 top ten list). I also happen to be on Vacation from work right now, and thank goodness because I don't know how I would have handled the last few days otherwise...

So I hunkered down with XCOM: Enemy Unknown, only taking a break to use the bathroom and to download the bombcast (and cry like a girl). I've come out on the other side of this binge session, something that I should have spaced out over a couple of weeks but instead crammed into a day and a half, drained but satisfied. What an excellent game, and it proved to be extremely therapeutic in this time of sorrow.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I loved Enemy Unkown, I wanna go back and play an Ironman run. But it's so fucking rough in the beginning of the game when all you can do is basically shoot dudes and throw grenades.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.