Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

I want to buy another copy of this game

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So like the title says I'm considering buying another copy of this game. Sure it's kind of crazy but I tend to travel a lot and having the pc copy means I don't get to play as much as I would if I had it on ps3. I'm just curious how that version is and if there are any huge issues with it? I know that it probably won't look or run as good as its pc counterpart but other than that are there any really big issues the game has?

I should metion I'm considering te ps3 version as I currently have the pc version

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So you have the PC version and are thinking about getting the PS3 version, correct?

I haven't heard any yang about the PS3 version but don't really have any personal experience on the matter. I think Ryan checked out all of the versions in his review so it might be worth skimming through that real quick. If there's no mention of issues on specific platforms, it's probably safe to say there aren't any major issues.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By donfonzie

I have the PS3 version, and can confirm that it plays fine.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By MetalBaofu

I can also say that I had no real issues when I played it on the PS3, aside from a couple system lock ups near the end of the game. Everything was fine until that happened.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the ps3 started having frame issues toward the end but nothing that you couldn't deal with. unless they fixed it with a patch.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

Cool, I went ahead and picked it up. Thanks for the help guys

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

Yep. The PS3 version has framerate issues but, as this is a completely turn-based game, it doesn't matter anywhere near as much as it would in something like, say, Far Cry 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.