Is framerate as bad on 360 as PS3?

#1 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (531 posts) -

Hey Bombers!!

I was dying to get a copy of this after all the GOTY discussions, but all my local stores were sold out of the 360 version, so I ended up nabbin a copy of the PS3 one. I gotta say though, the framerate is pretty atrocious whenever....well, ANYTHING happens! It's not taking me out of the actual gameplay TOO much, but it is hella annoying, especially when there's alot going on enemy-wise, the game slows down so much its like a slideshow!!

Is this an XCOM issue, or a PS3 issue?

Cheers guys!! :D

#2 Posted by nutta27 (198 posts) -

Ready for the arsehole PC is superior comment?

I own Xcom on the PC and the frame rate is perfect all the time ;)

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

It's fine on 360. No major issues.

#4 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (531 posts) -

@nutta27 said:

Ready for the arsehole PC is superior comment? ;)

Always!! :D

And cool about the 360, I think I'll see if anywhere near has any 360 copies in so I can switch em over on trade in! Pity there's no optional install for the PS3 to sort it out, but not to worry!!

Thanks guys!!

#5 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

I'm currently playing the 360 version and there are definitely some slowdowns here and there. Don't know if it's better or just as bad as on PS3 though.

#6 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

on 360 no frame-rate issues for me. only time it gets slow is sometimes when its the aliens turn and it takes a few seconds before i can move my guys even though they're selected

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I haven't gotten any slowdown on the 360.

#8 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Frame rate on 360 is solid, although the hard locks are another discussion.

#9 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -
#10 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (531 posts) -

Thanks guys!! Yeah seems I crapped out getting the PS3 one, which tbh I kinda thought it would be a worse version but I was sick of being told the 360 one was out of stock and I had a voucher to use!!

If the 360 one comes back in stock I'll nab that!!

Thanks again!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.