Locking Height Layers

#1 Posted by ElCapitan (401 posts) -

Does anyone know a way to lock the height level/layer that you're viewing? I had my second death due to interface today when the mouse cursor kept stuttering between the high, covered spot and a random, WIDE OPEN spot. Guess where my soldier ended up? From there the mission spiraled out of control and I failed, despite actually saving the VIP I was supposed to...

I don't mind how tough this game is so long as it executes my instructions in the way I need it to.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

What you're describing happens to me, too. IIRC, it doesn't happen if you're using a controller but that's more of a bandaid solution. Hopefully they'll patch this bug out soon.

#3 Posted by ElCapitan (401 posts) -

Man I really hope that gets patched soon, but until then I guess I'll just keep my controller near my rig.

#4 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

I have had multiple geographical issues with the game. Selecting elevation, trying to use rockets and having the aiming reticule bug out on an invisible barrier, shooting through level geometry. I am really enjoying the game but those quarks are annoying.

#5 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

Yeah, this is a bug everyone who's using KB&M seems to be experiencing right now. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

#6 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3007 posts) -

Not sure if this your problem at all Thing with this mouse is that you have to press down (and hard) on the mouse wheel to activate anything. So rolling it doesn't affect the game at all. Again, not sure that's what you guys are experiencing, but, it may help someone.

Only thing I can't figure out now is how in the world to aim a grenade naturally...

#7 Posted by InsidiousBliss (38 posts) -

I was using the mouse until I got to a large alien craft last night. The ceiling kept popping in and made movement impossible. I switched to the xbox 360 controller and it fixed the issue. It might be just me, but it also seemed to make the game run better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.