Mind Blown

Posted by omeganightmare (23 posts) -

So after the XCOM update went through yesterday I noticed something. My Alienware laptop keys change color based on what is going on during the game. Alerts turn it yellow, Ally turn changes blue, and alien turn changes to red. Totally unexpected and doesn't do anything for gameplay, but I think its amazing. Made my XCOM day.

#1 Posted by omeganightmare (23 posts) -

So after the XCOM update went through yesterday I noticed something. My Alienware laptop keys change color based on what is going on during the game. Alerts turn it yellow, Ally turn changes blue, and alien turn changes to red. Totally unexpected and doesn't do anything for gameplay, but I think its amazing. Made my XCOM day.

#2 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (410 posts) -

That's super gimmicky but totally awesome. The DBOX of laptop gaming.

I'd really like to see AmBx support now.

#3 Posted by Scrawnto (2446 posts) -

That is pretty cool. Not much more to say about it.

#4 Posted by Aetheldod (3579 posts) -

Ok I´ll be honest im very jelly :/

a) You have the game and

b) An alienware to do all that fancy stuff

you sir just ruined my day :(

#5 Posted by Loafsmooch (349 posts) -

That is indeed pretty sweet

#6 Posted by kerse (2113 posts) -

My desktop keyboard rotates through colors, I wonder if this will work for me too.

#7 Posted by ChuckDeNomolos (71 posts) -

It's a program called AlienFX. I remember when I first saw it used in other games. I know City of Heroes and Payday: The Hiest used it.

#8 Posted by bkbroiler (1625 posts) -

Well I'm off to buy an Alienware laptop

#9 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

That is pretty fucking sick!

#10 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

Maaan, my keyboard only does blue. And off I guess. Wondered what that update was for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.