Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Plasma Alloy S.H.I.V. Problem

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bio2hazard

Hey,

pre-patch i've been having a issue with plasma alloy shivs and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

In the barracks the model of the shiv is not visible, it shows up as a empty space in the squad selection as well. When choosing to take it to a mission, it has the default armor of a female soldier but without head and it will not move. ( When ordered to move, it'll simply not move and the game can not proceed as you can't end your turn - it probably tries to animate the move but stalls )

I tried trashing the bugged bot and manufacturing a new one, but same problem. Normal SHIV with Plasma works fine, it's only alloy shiv with plasma that's causing the problem for me.

I've tried scouring the internet for information but wasn't really able to find anything ... so I ask you fellow bombers: Have you gotten a plasma alloy shiv to work ?

Once my patch finishes I will report if that fixed it.

Playing on Classic Ironman

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jozzy

I had this problem with the Heavy Plasma rifle, the guy had empty hands. The game is definately not bug-free. Anyone else get terrible camera glitches when using the grapple hook (on pc)?

EDIT: haven't build a more advanced shiv yet

randyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By randyf

The only thing I've run into so far is that, on occasion, the camera will just permanently scroll in one direction until I reload a save. I'm playing on PC.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Swaboo

I've had a soldier climb on top of a spaceship and the next turn he was stuck in midair.

Pixeldemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pixeldemon

I have the same bug with the Alloy Shiv. Undeployable, invisible when selected in barracks...

I also had a problem where the SHIV appeared as a headless woman (not kidding).

Playing Normal Ironman.

Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Havok

Yeah duder, I have a bugged out Alloy SHIV problem also. When I look at it in the barracks, it shows an assault cannon installed (even tho I have plasma researched) and the unit is un-usable in the field. Also, Engineering constantly tells me I have 2 A-SHIVs built, even after I have dismantled them. It really sucks because the A-SHIV is an awesome field unit and now mine are unusable. Standard SHIVs and Flying SHIVs still work for me tho.

Playing on Normal.

simhon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By simhon007

@Bio2hazard: I have the same issue. After I buit the Allloy Shiv now even the others dont work, Laser, Plazma... I tried using 2 at the same mission and it worked on the first mission but after I stopped. A female solder appeared and had a gateling gun.... then they get stuck on the ground and never move...

Even in the rooser their image dont appear.

I just have up and started to use Soldiers.

Anyways I hope they create a patch adn fix this... Its is by far the best game I ever played.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morningstar

I havent had that problem after about 50 hours with the game. Have had a myriad of other bugs though, both graphical and gameplay glitches. Nothing too severe though. Playing it on the xbox.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Anund

The only bug I have encountered is it's really hard to fill all slots in the Psi testing queue. The new selections keep randomly overwriting the old ones. I have had some limited success by always adding the new soldier to the slot at the bottom of the list, but it doesn't always work.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dezztroy

This bug is fixed in the latest patch by the way. You'll need to get another SHIV though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Slightly off-topic, but the unit movement is buggy as hell. I often have to fuck around with the camera before I'm able to select a tile, grapple is a nightmare, and if a building has multiple levels good luck getting the cross section to settle at the right height.

Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Havok

I don't want to turn this into a bitching thread, but once I made it to the endgame cutscene, none of the custom hair/helmet decos shaded properly. Everyone in the cutscene with those items had black, textureless faces or weird textureless, color-less hair.

Oh and that patch didn't fix my SHIV problems...

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Barrabas

So, whenever I build an alloy or hover S.H.I.V. they don't have weapons on them at all. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of research or foundry thing I have to build to get weapons on them that I'm not seeing or is this a bug? The regular S.H.I.V. works fine and I upgraded it to plasma weaponry without a problem.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mesoian

I've had this problem as well. If the shiv is "destroyed" in combat, you should be able to build a new one and that one should be okay. But it's another of the many many bugs in the game. You might be screwed.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuCTR

The snipers remote scanner grenade has a tendency to fall through the ground most of the time, rendering the ability completely useless.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mesoian

@NekuCTR: It's a pretty useless ability to begin with since the game tends to only aggro most enemies when you can see them.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ShaggE

Headless woman SHIV here too, and now none of my SHIVs can move from their starting spot. It's actually saved my ass a couple of times sitting there in perpetual overwatch, but needless to say, it's rather annoying having effectively one less unit to work with when I'm already dangerously low on reserves. I love this game, but damn, is it buggy.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By The_Ruiner

All the SHIVS are fucked... at first they appeared as headless soldiers.Now they don't appear at all...

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NekuCTR

@Mesoian said:

@NekuCTR: It's a pretty useless ability to begin with since the game tends to only aggro most enemies when you can see them.

Actually the enemies don't aggro when their in that field, at least for me, combined with Double Tap you can pretty much steamroll any map as long as you only attract 1 group at a time.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had one of my Colonels become headless in the squad selection screen, and retained his lack of a head for the mission as well. Afterwards I changed his nickname to "FaceOff".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.