Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Point to Point Pathing?

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LawGamer

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a soldier to a specific point using a defined route? I've had a couple of situations where I want to move a solider into cover that is on the other side of some environmental hazard (usually a Thin Man poison cloud), but my solider insists on moving directly through it, even though they have enough movement to get there by going around.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

If your dashing you can move 2 times, other then that, I dont know.

I also find some of the pathing weird. Sometimes they will jump down levels only to climb up, I know it takes less tiles, but strategically, it makes less sense.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Yeah there's no way to fix that. It can suck. There's also situations where say you would be sending them through an overwatch, in particular a sectopod one, but there's no way around it. Line of Sight also being fucked up in this game doesn't help the situation.

Lugburz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Lugburz

I don't know what version you are playing but in consoles (PS3 on my behalf) there is always a line in the pointer that shows the path your soldier will take. I don't know if that helps or not but it is useful at some situations.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones

Nope, not unless you can maneuver around it in two turns paths they take tend to be strange. In fact I just had a bug where I was trying to enter a downed UFO. The problem was when I moved the cursor it only showed me the top of the ship and even worse is when I moved into the ship it counted as two turns for no reason leading to a critically wounded solider ( I had the alien surrounded by 3 people and realized noisy could take a damn shot). Thankfully it was only critical wounded or the tv would have shattered

EddyGamerLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EddyGamerLP

Yeah you can't control that at all.

It happens often with poison patch but also I found, the soldier like to get on top of a bus to then drop back down on the other side instead of just turning the corner on the ground and staying under cover ...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.