Sent some Duders into the first UFO mission

#1 Posted by Iodine (547 posts) -

So I just got my first UFO mission (3rd overall) and I went "well now would be a good time to send in the original 4 for a mission"

All were rookies except Vinny who was support, because he was in my first mission (Ryan Davis is also now Chinese, because.....)

I move up and I spot 4 sectoids, and they run off and do two mindmelds (jesus they happen more in my game than in any of the videos I watch) and after a few rounds I had killed the two main melders and get ready to approach the main station, only to forget that the dude who spawns inside has a decent enough gun, AND FUCK BRAD IS DEAD FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU HE IS MY FAVORITE.

I killed him easily the next round (not before I had vinny smoke the area) and finished the mission.... But damnit I killed Brad :(

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5488 posts) -

Brad sucks at video games, all is well

#3 Posted by TruthTellah (9116 posts) -

#TEAMDEADBRAD?

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Dont worry, just replace him with Chie. I hear that girl can kick a tank.

#5 Posted by Iodine (547 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

#TEAMDEADBRAD?

#TEAMZOMBIEBRAD

@Dagbiker: Oooh I have not not done any Video game references yet

So far I have done friends (one of my best friends died before I even got a chance to have him shoot), bombsquad, and characters from the wire

#6 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5488 posts) -

@Iodine: Unless you hate your friends probably not a great idea. MY NAME IS MY NAME!

#7 Posted by Iodine (547 posts) -

I hate all people equally

#8 Posted by baldcow (8 posts) -

Anytime I name a character Matt Kessler he dies the following mission from a one shot.

#9 Posted by TheHT (11284 posts) -

I brought my favourite troops (well most of them, a few were recovering from wounds) to the landed UFO mission I'm on and said to myself "alright, roll through and level up a bit, easy peasy. Flags were immediately raised when upon landing the ship was already visible. I make my way up to the ship and my advisors chime in about it being a supply ship.

"Sweet," I thought to myself. "I'll get hella loot from this bad boy!"

I go through the first door and end up having the longest, more brutal fucking fight ever. The only fight that made me go "FUCKING XCOM" and actually compelled me to just stop playing for the night.

First had to deal with a Berserker in a confined space. Once he was dead and I could move on to his Muton buddies, SURPRISE, it's a fucking Sectopod and 3 Drones. Thank god one of my dudes had that 100% against robots skill. After cursing up a storm from the fucking inability of my troops to shoot big stationary things, I took out the Mutons and Sectopod.

Moving to finish up the Drones and the game said "SURPRISE, 2 more Mutons, and by the way your troops aren't looking very good and oh now this one's dead. Good time to save!"

"Oh you saved? Dude, that's awesome! Let's celebrate with Chryssalidssssss."

PREPARE YOURSELF @Iodine

#10 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

Gary "Shoot that guy" Whitta is doing pretty well for me.

#11 Posted by Iodine (547 posts) -

Fucking fuck
I forgot that autosave wasn't enabled by default and my manual wave was after the vey first mission.
On the plus side that gave me an excuse to play it 3 more hours....

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

My entire group died during the first bomb mission because I didn't hear my Lil Helper tell me to run so I didn't make it to the extraction point. RIP Greg Kinnear, Chinese Tim Roth, French Tom Selleck and Irish Morgan Freeman.

#13 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

My entire group died during the first bomb mission because I didn't hear my Lil Helper tell me to run so I didn't make it to the extraction point. RIP Greg Kinnear, Chinese Tim Roth, French Tom Selleck and Irish Morgan Freeman.

Irish Morgan Freeman sounds like the best.

#14 Posted by ElCapitan (402 posts) -

@Iodine: Omar comin'. Those aliens would freak out if Omar was up against them. Gotta make sure your Omar is Assault so he has a trench sweeper.

#15 Posted by Lexxenwrath (5 posts) -

Man, those chrysalids surprised me. My first evacuate the civillians mission lost me my highest ranked assault guy to a chrysalid, then I finished that evil bastard off and moved up my captain heavy near the dead assault guy to take a shot at another alien -- lets just say that I did not expect what came at me next turn. RIP Captain "Crash" WhaterverYourNameIs :(

Best part is that the damn guy missed the 75% shot before being ripped a new one...

#16 Posted by Iodine (547 posts) -

@ElCapitan said:

@Iodine: Omar comin'. Those aliens would freak out if Omar was up against them. Gotta make sure your Omar is Assault so he has a trench sweeper.

Damn straight Omar got the shotgun, the aliens got the briefcase

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Village_Guy

@MariachiMacabre said:

Irish Morgan Freeman sounds like the best.

He made a great medic until the end. He was quickly replaced by Nigerian Eugene Levy, though.
#18 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I can't wait to kill my Kessler marine once I get this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.