Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Still FREE on PP right now. Could not be having more fun!

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Saw this on PP and thought ohhh yeah that was the GB game of the year that I had no interest in and never played I should probably check this out. at first I didnt see what the fuss was about and then 2 full missions in I was hooked.

I mean I just spent a ENTIRE sunday doing nothing but xcom. Holy shit that game is addictive and a TON of fun :) Think I started about 6am and didnt stop playing until 6pm. Small break for a proper cooked meal and then was back on x com until midnight.

Can totally see why this got game of the year now. If you have playstation plus its FREE right now so if you STILL havent played this game you really REALLY should try it out.

Just felt compelled to start a thread cause I'm having such a awesome time with the game. That is all!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah this game is great and I feel bad I never finished it. Still, I popped in a mission I had going from 6 months ago that was really difficult and I got through without too much trouble. Definitely want to finish this game, I'm so close to the end.

It also turned me on to a bunch of other turn based strategy games I've been playing on and off, like Fire Emblem and Ghost Recon both on 3DS. Nothing feels quite the same, but Fire Emblem certainly came closest to scratching the itch.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikkaq: Ahhh nice man. Might have to check those out. But I'm gonna handle one game at a time cause I can barely do anything other than play x com right now lol. I got the x com fever alright.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rekt_hed: That game is AWESOME have fun with it man !

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Enemy Unknown is one of the yearly PS+ games, it'll be available for a while.

BTW, PP isn't a widely used acronym for PlayStation Plus. Took me a bit. Probably best not to use it over "PS+".

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

YEAH, that games is incredible. It does have it's fair share of criticisms but it is incredibly addictive.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh snap its still free? thank you OP

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rekt_Hed

@ftomato: Noted! Your way does look better

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

What a great game to put on the Ps+ free games list, but unfortunately for me, I was never able to get the download to go past 84% off of PSN. I tried three times to start the download over, but with no luck. I gave up in the end. The game is absolutely fantastic though, for those haven't tried it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.