The original

#1 Posted by jazin (46 posts) -

I played the original xcom when it came out a long time ago on my playstation. I remember just sitting there for hours trying to caputre aliens to reserch. I cant wait

#2 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

Thanks for letting us know.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11642 posts) -

Any other thoughts to give on it? Do you think it's the Citizen Kane of gaming? Or is it a flawed masterpiece? No fantastic stories to tell about a great move that you once did? Ever beat it on the hardest difficulty in one sitting? Nothing?

#4 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Yea, man. I've played a few games in my day too.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

"I'm not ready to..."

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9774 posts) -

I remember when you did that.

#7 Posted by Rasgueado (710 posts) -

I ate breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs and hashbrowns with half a tomato and avocado.

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

I once stayed up all night playing Exile III that was one of the best nights ever. Back then you didnt have In game journals, I had to make a 3 ringed binder and write all the quests, and a map on graph paper. That was awesome.

#9 Edited by ShaggE (6335 posts) -

Doom was a game. I used to shoot demons in it, and sometimes I would go to the C:\Doom directory and type in "doom", which was short for "doom.exe", and it would start. I used a keyboard to play it. It had sound, and I'd hear it.

Edit: With my ears.

#10 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

This one time I didn't play a game.

I ended up married.

Don't make the same mistakes I have.

This has been a G.I. Joe PSA.

#11 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx:Duuude that avatar is trippin me out

#12 Posted by PeezMachine (234 posts) -

Wait, you played XCOM? I thought that was me.... Clearly you are.... my shadow!

#13 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

Did it come out on playstation? Huh, that's weird...

Anyway, I'm super jazzed for Enemy Unknown, but I think the first game is kind of hard to get into if you're not into finding and reading the manual.

#14 Edited by Village_Guy (2497 posts) -

Well this is a weird thread.

But hey guys, I have something amazing to tell you all! This one time...I played a fucking video game, how crazy is that?!

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#16 Posted by Brodehouse (9593 posts) -

Did you guys ever play that Flintstones 2D platformer on the SNES? Now that was a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.