Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Why can I never get a soldier from ___ country?

• 60 results
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vitor

@Kerned said:

I have no advice for you, but on my first playthrough (just finished yesterday) I only had two female soldiers spawn in the entire game. I thought that seemed mighty strange.

Half of my squad has been female for the past game. Didn't notice it until a few hours ago. Seems like all of this is totally random.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Rafaelfc said:

@MikeGosot said:

I just want some people from Brazil, but i never got a single ONE of them, to the point i don't even think they exist.

there are Brazilians in the game, I got 2 in my squad.

It would be weird if there were no Brazilians, since Brazil is on the XCOM council. Also, for curiosity's sake, what are the names of your brazilian soldiers?
    Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Rafaelfc

@MikeGosot said:

@Rafaelfc said:

@MikeGosot said:

I just want some people from Brazil, but i never got a single ONE of them, to the point i don't even think they exist.

It would be weird if there were no Brazilians, since Brazil is on the XCOM council. Also, for curiosity's sake, what are the names of your brazilian soldiers?

Oh gee, I have no idea what their original names were... I'm renaming everyone on my squad after actors, so one is Rodrigo Santoro and the other is Sonia Braga.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Rafaelfc said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Rafaelfc said:

@MikeGosot said:

Oh gee, I have no idea what their original names were... I'm renaming everyone on my squad after actors, so one is Rodrigo Santoro and the other is Sonia Braga.

Haha, that's cool. I just wanted to know if they got brazilian names right, but looking at what they have done for the other contries, i doubt they were going to let a mistake slide that easily.
    zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By zFUBARz

@ I wouldn't worry about it too much, we do have a fairly small population and military, and historically our military efforts have been small, but effective. eg Canadian basic training is on par with US Army Ranger training. So see it all fits...

Also it's one hell of a random ass game.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By coakroach

I seem to be only getting white males...

It's a little... disconcerting

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By zFUBARz

@coakroach: it just means you're a racist, I wouldn't worry too much.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Sterling

I have two female Canadian snipers, and they kick ass. Only soldiers from NA that I have currently. I had one American and one Mexican, but they both died from a grenade blast. At the same time. Poor bastards.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By huser

@Dagbiker said:

Perhaps I am different but i always enjoyed games, and media in general where people come together to accomplish things. I don't see it as American and the rest of the world, I see it as Human vs Alien, we put our differences aside, perhaps just this once, to defend earth.

PS: I had the same problem with woman, 11 hours in and only 5 and who knows how many men. There are also 40+ country's your dudes can be from.

I thought there were 36. Any idea what they are? I've heard some interesting choices are in there, like Scotland (I guess separatists won out), Iran, etc.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HerbieBug

I somehow wound up with five soldiers from India. Two of those were mission rewards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.