XCOM: Enemy Unknown coming to iOS this summer

#1 Edited by Seb (358 posts) -

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

GIANTBOMB GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 COMES TO iOS FINALLY!

Full port except for less maps. I remember map variety being a problem I had with it on 360 so OUCH.

Embedded video for the lazy.

Via Polygon

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it'll control like shit.

#3 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

this news pleases me greatly

#4 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Embedded video for the lazy.

#5 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

I applaud them for making this possible. Especially if it is really the whole experience, I find that quite the amazing feat!

#6 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

couldnt be the more perfect game to bring to ios. cant wait!

#7 Edited by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

Seeing as I used remote desktop on my iOS devices to do, well, exactly this I can say I'm pretty excited.

#8 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Considering the shit-ass framerate I experienced on the PS3 I'm curious how this sucker will turn out on a mobile device.

#9 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Great news!

#10 Edited by JCGamer (663 posts) -

I've been playing Fire Emblem on the 3DS and was thinking how I would actually prefer to play X-Com like this (portable). Now I can, I just have to wait a few months.

#11 Edited by psylah (2170 posts) -

Just read this article on Joystiq, which contains both the best news and the best quote:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/09/xcom-enemy-unknown-ios-wont-have-in-app-purchasable-upgrades/

Firaxis' Jake Solomon made the blunt disclosure to IGN, reaffirming the upcoming mobile version of the 2012 strategy game is a straight port.

"Oh God, please...," Solomon responded to IGN when asked about in-app purchases like power-ups, "No. I'm not sure I would be able to sleep at night. My food would taste like ashes in my mouth."

#12 Edited by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

Know this is kind of an old thread but has anyone heard any updates on the release of this? Perhaps a more specific date and price point? I'd guess it'll definitely range closer to its standard price but I was hoping to pick it up before my long trip this summer

#13 Edited by Rapid (1359 posts) -

When they release the IOS version, I hope they announce some kind of expansion like what friaxis have for their civ games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.