Firaxis just announced an expansion pack to Enemy Unknown to be released on November 12 later this year featuring a new class, new maps and more ways to spend money. Looking forward to going back in! http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/xcom-enemy-within-announced-tons-of-details
Here are some of the highlights:
- $30 PC Expansion, $40 Standalone game for 360 and PS3
- Will need to start a new game to access the expansion content
- Access to localised voice files means soldiers actually speak the language that matches their nationality. For example, French soldiers actually speak French, etc.
- UFO crash sites are no longer exclusive to rural environments, they may occur in urban and city maps
- Mech Trooper class unlike other classes any soldier can become one but lose access to genetic enhancements and all their previous class abilities
- New resource called Meld, randomly scattered throughout maps. There is a self-destruct timer on them to force players to collect them quickly, putting the soldiers' lives even more at risk
- Some class abilities rebalancing. For example, "Up Close and Personal will now give your Assault class a completely free shot when within four tiles of an enemy"
- More Second Wave options coming including randomising upgrade trees for soldiers. For example, "A Heavy with Lightning Reflexes and Battle Scanner"