Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

XCOM Getting First Wave of Downloadable Content

• 117 results
    impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By impartialgecko

@Parsnip said:

Though I'd also really love if they added more nationalities with a free update. You know, like Finland. It pains me that Sweden and Norway are in there, but not us.

What are Finland's capabilities mad-XCOM-funding wise?

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By aleryn

@SecondBreakfaster: Yeah it kinda reeks of the publisher monetizing something so basic as basic palette control of characters. But blah the game is awesome enough that I don't mind throwing them the $5 bone.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Vrikk

I won't lie. I bought it. I wanted my fancy color armor.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By jasonefmonk

$5 might be a bit much but I couldn't imagine playing without the ability to change armour colour. I colour-code my units based on their role, it makes battlefield management easier.

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By dyong

@Parsnip said:

Though I'd also really love if they added more nationalities with a free update. You know, like Finland. It pains me that Sweden and Norway are in there, but not us.

You got that right. Asia's criminally under-represented. Personally I'd like to have my country added: Singapore, and many of the SEA countries like Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines etc.

craves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By craves

@das9000 said:

I don't think this DLC or the Elite Soldier Pack being a downloadable piece of extra content is justified. The elite soldier pack would have been in the works even before the game was finished since it was a pre-order bonus. Why weren't armor aesthetic upgrades, color swapping etc. not included in the vanilla game? There's no reason other than to squeeze out an extra buck out of the consumer. How long until other basic functionality gets taken out of games and then be put out as DLC? You wanna save? That will be $4.99. How long until we start paying full price for demos and then pay a bit more to get the full game? I know this is a bit of an exaggeration but this kind of business strategy is pretty cheap and "sleazebaggy" in my opinion.

I'll let you in on a not-so-well-kept industry secret: If DLC comes out within 4 months of a game's release, it was certainly worked on well before the game was released. For example, the "mechromancer" character class in Borderlands 2 was almost complete when it was being shown at PAX East. It's just a matter of logistics.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I would love some XCOM DLC. This sounds possibly cool, possibly lacking in content though. I kind of would prefer them to wait a bit and release a more substantial expansion for like $20 or so.

Just finished my first playthrough, moving on to Dishonored, then will go through Assassin's Creed and the other games coming out. I'm planning a Classic play and it'd be fun to have new content for that. I didn't even know the Heavy weapon you get early in this DLC existed!

Also the Elite Soldier Pack DLC being $5 sucks. I got it in the box but I hate pre-order crap. Just put that in there or make it less than $5.

Ersanven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Ersanven

I hope they can add base defense in through DLC. That was probably the thing I was most looking forward to.

Protonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Protonguy

Yeah I don't know if I'd buy the costume pack if I didn't have it included already. Now if they added Ghengis Khan, Abraham Lincoln, Napoleon and all the others in as playable characters allowing you to make your greatest XCom squad from history, that i'd pay at least 5 bucks for :-D.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By wmoyer83

Quiet down, and acquire my currency

Shingro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Shingro

@craves: sure, but certification times kinda make that 'post release' in a funny way too... I mean, it's not like they can magically beam that content to disks already out of the printer c_c

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By NicksCorner

Bleh, had higher expectations from Firaxis than to release Horsearmor :(

I love the game and would totally buy new content. But not skins.

rocketboot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By rocketboot

@jasonefmonk said:

$5 might be a bit much but I couldn't imagine playing without the ability to change armour colour. I colour-code my units based on their role, it makes battlefield management easier.

This^

I get a kick from making my rookies red-shirts.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam1808 said:

@Parsnip said:

Who cares? We are killers in the battlefield.
    I just want some Finnish troops.
    impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#115  Edited By impartialgecko

@Parsnip said:

@adam1808 said:

@Parsnip said:

Who cares? We are killers in the battlefield. I just want some Finnish troops.

Gimme a good finnish name and I'll give it to my next sniper.

geo4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By geo4690

@adam1808 said:

@Parsnip said:

@adam1808 said:

@Parsnip said:

Who cares? We are killers in the battlefield. I just want some Finnish troops.

Gimme a good finnish name and I'll give it to my next sniper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By crcruz3

@Vitor said:

@crcruz3 said:

@Terramagi said:

@smcn said:

Anyone make a comparison to horse armor yet?

Well, colour customization ultimately does have a strategic benefit.

It's still REALLY shitty, but being able to tell your soldiers apart from a glance (I personally colour code by class - red for assault, blue for heavy, black for sniper, white for support) is helpful.

Yes.

Does no-one else just look at the gun icon when changing units? That's how I tell them apart. Sure, it means you have to cycle through initially before you know but after the first move you should have a rough idea of how you've set them up.

Yes, I do look at the icon and I have no problem to tell them apart. I just like to have different colors for different classes. They look better and it's easier to tell them apart from a glance, glance being the enfasis here.

Incesticles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Incesticles

Sounds good to me. I don't know about this new character though, I wouldn't want him to die unexpectedly.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BBQBram

I should get XCOM. This is also further proof that no-one should ever worry about pre-order bonuses. Just buy 'em a few months later.

ClamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ClamFTW

Where the FUCK IS MY BLASTER LAUNCHER DLC, you savages?!?!?!1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.