Last night's TNT reminded me of aspects of the game which annoyed me the whole game long. Don't get me wrong: Game is awesome BUT there is a lot going on no one seems to care about or at least mentions when talking about or reviewing it.
1. Game is pretty ugly, both in art direction and technical realization. Everyone just says: Ah, it's Firaxis, come on. Sorry, they don't get a pass for ugly games. Especially after Civ V which looked way better than XCOM.
2. Weird shots that shouldn't happen, like through 3 walls and/or ceilings. As well as enemies jumping through roofs and stuff.
3. Graphical glitches like faces disappearing, textures popping in and out repeatedly, and camera angles which show nothing but just walls and shit.
4. Fucked up animations like a dude looking one way while he magically shoots in a completely different direction or guys who get caught on the geometry.
5. Awful savegame management, as it doesn't seem to order them in any way. It appears to be a randomized list.
6. Game crashes at least once a session.
7. Guys are falling through the floor or just disappear!!
8. Weird multiplayer issues like timer ticking during overwatch animations and sometimes it doesn't.
Maybe I am the only one with these issues but I doubt it. Again: Last nights TNT proves that I am not alone. I hope they patch it soon.