Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Within

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 12, 2013

The standalone expansion pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown adds cybernetic soldiers and aliens, along with new multi-player maps.

No one still playing this?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

This is without a doubt in the top 3 of the best games of the generation for me. Is no one playing this still? There are only so many games I can keep replaying over and over and over again and still have a ton of fun. This is one of them.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I go back to it every now and then. Yeah, its still good.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

I got maybe 2/3 of the way through my EW playthrough before something else came along and distracted me. Can't remember what it was. I'll go back again during summer doldrums probably.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, i go back to it from time to time. It's a great game for if you have other stuff going on, since you can jus tput the controller down whenever. So its great for babysitting or dogsitting or something.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

be nice if enemy within wasn't always $30. then again i paid that much for brave new world and i haven't really done anything with that...

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

I still need to actually play through it. I have a hard time sticking with strategy games because they are not my favorite genre. Also, I suck at them.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I still need to go back to it and clear classic/ironman.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I loved Enemy Unknown and have been thinking about getting Enemy Within for awhile now, the only thing that is stopping me is my backlog. Maybe I'll just go ahead and jump in.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I want to pick this up at some point. I just finished Enemy Unknown and I need to get this soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been meaning to return to it and grab the rest of the trophies and kill those evil Chryssalid jerks some more on the PS3 version one day, but I'm afraid it's going to keep freezing my ps3 every 45 minutes on the nose. They ever patch that? Because if someone says they did, I got's aliens to kill!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By ch3burashka

I'm happy for you. I'm not playing it.

Thanks for asking a loaded, accusatory question.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat it on Normal difficulty late last year and really liked it. I haven't played it more than once though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I did another run when the expansion came out, thought about playing some more but moved on to different things.

I've thought about trying another classic ironman attempt every now and again, but the early game in XCOM is an exercise in frustration and the late game is an exercise in boredom. I will one of these days, but not until I have some time to ram my head against the brick wall that is ironman mode.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about resuming my first playthrough just moments ago. It's a great game, but I played too much of it before and I felt burnt out. Now I only ever play one mission or two before quitting to keep things engaging.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished a Normal playthrough a month ago. I really liked the expansion stuff. Didn't really dive into the mechs until maybe the last 10% of the campaign, but when I did, it was awesome.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I don't think the expansion is worth it. Love the main game though. Hoping for a sequel one day.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By HH

have to go back and finish a 4-man impossible run, just two or three battles to go. quite a different experience from an ironman game.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda burnt myself out on playing XCOM as I played a ton of original enemy unknown and enemy within, and I got to the point where I had pretty much done everything I wanted to do. I might go back to it at some point, as I love the hell out of it.

HellknightLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Played it just today. I have a lot of fun with the game... I just wish that the harder difficulty setting were more fair. I also have a hard time letting my team "go". I name most of them silly things and if they get killed in a freak shot from way way way down town at full health or something as dumb I freak and reload... :( Love to hear that people are still playing it. Awesome game.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I eventually had my fill after about 3 or 4 full campaigns from start to finish when it was released. Hope they're working on a new game or another expansion (I think they denied there would be a latter, so the former is more likely). It's the Firaxis effect for me - every time they expand on the content, they change the balance of the game completely and keep it interesting, and then their game consumes me for a period.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tennmuerti

Did like 3 full runs when the EW expansion was released, probably not going to go back to it until the long war mod is finalized, then i'll give that a shot.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By veektarius

Even as an avid strategy game player, I was done with this one after one playthrough. I thought there was too little variety in the gameplay. I'd be willing to jump back in for the expansion if the price is ever right.

BTW that is a weird way to word your topic title.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By DeeGee

@veektarius: I would definitely recommend giving the expansion a go, if you see a price that looks good to you. The things that actually add a huge amount of variety to the game aren't the stuff they were showing off, like the genetic and robot soldier enhancements, but it was the small stuff like way more maps, and new start locations for old maps. Plus there actually are like ... two or three new missions to the main storyline that involve the new threat that didn't get much mention, but were really fun (and really fucking hard).

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ozzdog12

@zevvion: XCOM is one of those rare, fantastic games that you can play and then come back a few months later and pick up again. I haven't play EW yet, but I've put over 60 hours into EU on Steam..... I think I'm going to go play XCOM now

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I bought Enemy Within a few months ago and got pretty far into my playthrough. Then I had a real shit show of a mission that saw the death of almost all of my high ranking officers, and because it was Ironman I had to start over. My next 2 or 3 playthroughs resulted in failures and even though I'd love to play the game again, I'm really sick of starting over. I might get to it someday. Enemy Within adds a ton of really exciting content.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Enemy Within a few months ago and got pretty far into my playthrough. Then I had a real shit show of a mission that saw the death of almost all of my high ranking officers, and because it was Ironman I had to start over. My next 2 or 3 playthroughs resulted in failures and even though I'd love to play the game again, I'm really sick of starting over. I might get to it someday. Enemy Within adds a ton of really exciting content.

I just beat the game on classic and I can't imagine ironman. I like the idea of it but I just run into so many weird bugs. For instance in one mission I ran into seekers and the game would freeze when ever I saw them even after restarting the game so I think if it was ironman it would have ended my game right there, though maybe I'm wrong. Another one is that my heavies will go blind and not use cover when I move them to it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XCOM is alright, was fun; but if I want to play another tactical RPG there's tons of them out there and all of them are extremely similar to XCOM; for the most part just having more depth and less RNG. Tactics Ogre is the one I'm most likely going to play through next.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I want to go back to it but I haven't yet.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've kept telling myself to go back and sink a ton of time with it ever since "Enemy within" came out. I'm sure I will eventually. I fell in love with the game when it first came out and I still think it's one of the best games of last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting to go back to it. I don't have the DLC yet. This will probably be my summer drought game this year. I've got a few other things I want to finish up before E3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.