Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Within

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 12, 2013

The standalone expansion pack for XCOM: Enemy Unknown adds cybernetic soldiers and aliens, along with new multi-player maps.

So how do you know if this is installed?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

According to the Steam store page I already have the game installed but I'm not seeing anything new. I have only played a few missions in but I'm not seeing anything different and just wanted to make sure it's installed before I waste my time with it. I figured the easiest way to check would be to pick some of the new voices that are now supposed to be in the agents native language but I have gone through all of my guys and they all still have the same dumb default english voices. Did that feature get removed or am I missing something?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

if you right click the game in your steam games library, under dlc it should be listed.

However, I was on the steam forums last night and found that many customers were having trouble accessing it. I was under the impression it launched like slingshot, which is to say it appears in the vanilla xcom when scanning for activity. But the guys on the forum said that was incorrect.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crusader8463

@voshinova: Ya. It's listed in my DLC list. That was the first thing I checked. But I'm not seeing anything new in game. I searched around some more online and I heard some people saying that there is supposed to be some kind of new splash screen that says enemy within but I'm just getting the old one.

Verifying my cache now and will restart my PC once done to see if it makes any difference. Maybe steam needs to download more.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By l4wd0g

Fire up X-COM Enemy Unknown from your library. The game will ask you if you want to play Unknown or Enemy Within

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crusader8463

@l4wd0g: Then something is definitely wrong. I never got that option.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's also not unlocked yet in certain regions (like EU for examle) even if you have it installed already.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g: @voshinova: Hahaha. Wow... I hate games sometimes. So I verified the install and sure enough every single file was not correct and now steam has to download over 10GB again. So much for playing today I guess. Here's hoping it works this time.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@l4wd0g: @voshinova: Hahaha. Wow... I hate games sometimes. So I verified the install and sure enough every single file was not correct and now steam has to download over 10GB again. So much for playing today I guess. Here's hoping it works this time.

Yeah I had to do this morning too, there was a botched release for retail keys (amazon, GMG, etc). The upshot is, the game is amazing as ever.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

Weird. I had a 4gb patch today for Enemy Unknown, and I don't even own Enemy Within. This makes me think everybody who owns XCOM has the EW content installed. At this rate, I'm going over my monthly bandwidth cap for sure.

EDIT: I just looked in my game directory, and it seems like the 4 GB I downloaded was a bunch of rendered cutscenes in 1080p instead of the EW game content. Running them through the Bink player, it looks like the basic stuff from the standard game (intros, autopsies, planes leaving and returning, etc), except maybe a little cleaner. Were those originally in 720p? Has a release of XCOM been announced for next gen consoles yet?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just also had the patch. Then I discovered 2K is again doing the crappy staggered US->EU releases. 3 days more to wait.

Crab_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: I had the same problem. I installed the game, steam said I had the DLC but the game did seem different. I verified my install of the game and the game still didn't seem different. So yesterday I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it while I was at work.

Its working now, but it sucks I had to download and install the game twice. Bandwidth cap here I come!

brites101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By brites101

I'm having the same problem, but i think it the DLc is already out for every country.

I REALLY hope to not have to redownload it. i hate that i can't uninstall and reinstall without downloading everything again

EDIT: I just verified the integrity of the games files and suddenly i'm downloading 7.3 GB of something, even tho i had already downloaded the DLC. Hope it works after it.

MatthewSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're not seeing it installed, try restarting steam. That worked for me on this DLC and Burial at Sea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.