New screens & gameplay of MonolithSoft's still untitled "X"

#1 Edited by DeF (4851 posts) -

And here is the brand new gameplay footage from February 13, 2014's Nintendo Direct:

Does that "gears" icon in the action bar (third image) mean this game has closer ties to Xenogears than previously though?

#2 Posted by oldenglishC (944 posts) -

I'd be shocked if the main goal in this game didn't involve the Zohar.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (24286 posts) -

I doubt it will happen, but if this game is somehow Xenogears 2, a lot of people are going to lose their shit. Hopefully in a good way.

#4 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3195 posts) -

This game looks so good! Holy balls. Add just one or two more games to the Wii U lineup, maybe drop that price a bit, and bang, you've got me Nintendo.

#5 Posted by Zeik (2342 posts) -

There's pretty much no chance it's actually connected to Xenogears. (Or Xenosaga for that matter.) They don't own the rights.

Xenosaga was riddled with little references and homages to Xenogears by the end, even though it was a separate series, so I wouldn't take a little icon to mean anything other than a sly wink toward fans.

#6 Posted by Poonz (133 posts) -

This game looks awesome, one of the reasons I got a Wii U.

#7 Posted by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

Looks like a mix of Xenogears and Xenoblade.

#8 Edited by crithon (3111 posts) -

that looks crazy, just straight out DUMPING shells.

#9 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1025 posts) -

@zeik: That doesn't mean its not connected. It wont "technically" be directly connected and called Xenogears 2 for legal reasons, but like Xenoblade and the Saga series it can still be a spiritual successor to the Xeno series.

#10 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Have we even seen some SP footage or story related stuff. I really can not remember anymore.

#11 Posted by gokaired (518 posts) -

This game is gonna rule!

#12 Posted by Zeik (2342 posts) -

@zeik: That doesn't mean its not connected. It wont "technically" be directly connected and called Xenogears 2 for legal reasons, but like Xenoblade and the Saga series it can still be a spiritual successor to the Xeno series.

Well of course it's a spiritual successor. It's made by many of the same people who worked on all the other Xeno games and has giant robots. When people talk about it being connected to Xenogears I don't think that's what they mean though.

#13 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

I hope this is Xenoblade 2 and not Xenogears 2. Xenoblade's ending was so horrible that it has to be redeemed.

#14 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2146 posts) -

@steadyingmeat: Really? I thought the absurd ending is what redeemed an otherwise miserable story.

#15 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1144 posts) -

@dallas_raines: I liked some of the ending. What I didn't like was that terrible final scene. It was such a generic end to an otherwise really cool story in my opinion.

#16 Posted by Karkarov (3056 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I doubt it will happen, but if this game is somehow Xenogears 2, a lot of people are going to lose their shit. Hopefully in a good way.

I sure as hell would. This is the game I am waiting for, when it hits i will go snag my Wii U. And probably Bayonetta 2.... Wonderful 101.... hopefully an eventually announced Monster Hunter 4.... and god knows what else.

#17 Edited by DeF (4851 posts) -
@darji said:

Have we even seen some SP footage or story related stuff. I really can not remember anymore.

We know absolutely zero about the story. That'll surely be covered once they properly "reveal" the game with its official title. We still don't even know if this supports multiplayer, it just seems very likely going by all the clues in the UI so it might all have been single player. Either way, other than who controls the party members, there won't be a difference.

#18 Posted by Cozmicaztaway (217 posts) -

"Huge Succeeded" indeed, X.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.