Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

3D unpatched digital version crashes after first cutscene

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Downloaded this at midnight on impulse because the game looks awesome. It was done overnight. Saw there was an update. Being a Nintendo game, I figure it'll work fine and the update wouldn't be necessary for right now. Went to work in the morning, brought my 3DS. Went on hour lunch break, started the game, watched the first cutscene........"An error has occurred. Turn the power off"

Tried again 3 more times. Crashes after the first cutscene every time.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who this happened to because this is beyond unacceptable. I'm sitting here waiting for the update to download now and we'll see what happens then but regardless, the game can't make it through the first cutscene without crashing without the update and that is absolutely ridiculous even by today's standards. The game literally is broken for me without the update. I CAN'T be the only one

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

If the patch doesn't fix your issue, I recommend deleting the game entirely and then downloading it again. A portion of your download may have been corrupted, it happens sometimes.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well this sounds like a real fucker.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the game yesterday afternoon and have since seen nothing about an update, and didn't have the problem you describe. I wonder if, by the time the patch was finished, they pulled the download and replaced it with the patched version?

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You got a bum download, re-downloading should fix that. Some larger games on 3DS do this shortly after being released.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FrostyRyan

So I downloaded the update and the game now crashes at the exact same spot after about 25 minutes of gameplay. Every time.

I think I've accepted the fact that I got a bad download I guess? I'll try re-downloading. So frustrating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.