Do I need glasses?

#1 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

Anyone else find some of the text really hard to read in this game? For example the HP stats etc and some of the tutorial tips. Not sure if it is the font and size or that SD fuzz the wii sometimes gets on an LCD but I am finding this game is very much a lean forwards on the couch kind of experience.

#2 Edited by xyzygy (9893 posts) -

I have a nice big(ish) TV so it's not hard to read at all. It's HD too and the game looks great

#3 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Cue component vs composite thread.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11635 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 was the same way. Some of the text in that game was hard for me to read.

How big is your TV?

#5 Posted by IAmNotBatman (627 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

I have a nice big(ish) TV so it's not hard to read at all. It's HD too and the game looks great

#6 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

Some LCD TVs make a lot of Wii visuals really bad, whether you've got composite or component. I borrowed a fairly cheap LCD recently when I was between TVs and my Wii games looked like shit. Xenoblade DOES have lots of little text. Annoying!

#7 Posted by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -

Are you using component or composite cables? And how big is your TV?

#8 Posted by ttocs (762 posts) -

Most likely your tv isn't big enough.  If you have a tube tv. then that's your problem right there.   Flat screen tv's are the norm nowadays and it seems most companies are making their games for bigger tv. sets.

#9 Posted by SomeJerk (3143 posts) -

If you're actually stuck using that little yellow RCA cable to get your visuals and cannnot switch to something better, I feel quite sorry, but even with Xenoblade through RGB Scart on a CRT, solid non-bleeding beautiful colours, it had a fuzzy look to it by design that I could see getting in the way :|

#10 Posted by Modedude (36 posts) -

I played Xenoblade on a small CRT with a scart cable, it was perfectly fine.

#11 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

@Modedude said:

I played Xenoblade on a small CRT with a scart cable, it was perfectly fine.

Well, that's pretty much the best way to play Wii games. Pure RGB signal on a crisp CRT.

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

I'm playing on this weird widescreen CRT with component cables- the game looks like garbage, but that's only because it's, ya know, a Wii game. The text seems fine.

#13 Posted by MetalBaofu (1350 posts) -

I got the game on Tuesday, but have yet to really play it. I started it and some of the text is horrible. I've never had this problem on the Wii before, but I just can't play it the way it is. I do have a shit TV that has no component inputs. I play my Xbox and PS3 through my computer monitor(VGA for Xbox, HDMI for PS3). I have ordered this Wii to HDMI adapter thing, so I can hook the Wii up the same as I do my PS3. That should allow me to set the Wii to 480p instead of 480i, and hopefully will fix my problem with the text.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.