How long is this game holly crap.

#1 Posted by bcooper21 (10 posts) -

I love jrpgs but this game seems super long almost too long im 20 hours in just go too colony 6 and from what i under stand im not even 1/4 and i put 20 hours in so your telling me this is a 100 plus hour game i think its too much 20 hours in im starting feel bored combat is not changed and it just use ever ability when its up does not matter how. Im not sure if i could go another 50 hours in this.

#2 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

I love jrpgs but this game seems super long almost too long im 20 hours in just go too colony 6 and from what i under stand im not even 1/4 and i put 20 hours in so your telling me this is a 100 plus hour game i think its too much 20 hours in im starting feel bored combat is not changed and it just use ever ability when its up does not matter how. Im not sure if i could go another 50 hours in this.

It takes you like 50 hours. But one Tip. Do not do all these meaningless MMO like fetch quests. Just follow the main story line and if you are to low level do these side missions.

#3 Edited by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -

Holly Crap would be a really unfortunate name...

#4 Edited by bcooper21 (10 posts) -

I find if i dont do all fetch quests i can win im bad at jrpg's. Not sure because i played Ni No Kuni no issues did alot side stuff never got bored.

#5 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

I find if i dont do all fetch quests i can win im bad at jrpg's. Not sure because i played Ni No Kuni no issues did alot side stuff never got bored.

Ni no Kuni even I think it is a really boring game had much better sidequests than Xenoblade. And Xenoblade is not that hard. I think you should be fine by not doing all of these 600+ sidequests. Just do the Colony ones.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24731 posts) -

@bcooper21: The game can take 50 hours, or over 100 if you want to do as many quests as you can.

#7 Posted by bcooper21 (10 posts) -

Ill try doing only colony quests then how many are there is it just 6 and 9 because i already did almost all in 9.

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Holly works really hard get off her back.

#9 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3310 posts) -

God damn this stupid game and its 100 dollar price tag...

:(

#10 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

God damn this stupid game and its 100 dollar price tag...

:(

That is why I love digital games these days: But yeah the US prices are terrible. In Germany oyu can still get it for 50-70 euro.

#11 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

About 70 hours too long. I've beaten ever ps1 and ps2 JRPG there is and I fucking hate this game.

It's by far the most boring/uninteresting game I've ever played.

#12 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I... have a confession to make. After 20 hours, I dropped out of the game. I couldn't bear hearing THIS IS THE POWER OF THE MONADO even once more. I took the disc out and... sold it. Along with Pandora's Tower and Last Story.

I truly only miss Pandora's Tower.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (24731 posts) -

@klei: You gave up really early, didn't you?

#14 Posted by Superkenon (1431 posts) -

@bcooper21: You will never be lacking in quests in Xenoblade. I feel like they designed it with an over-abundance of tasks just so you could be free to pick and choose what you want to do. Just don't do the ones that don't look like fun to you, and proceed through the game by your own whim.

Personally, I had fun with the quests, but even I would decide I'd been in one place long enough, and move on. I just made sure I hit all the time-sensitive ones marked with a clock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.