Nintendo.com Exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles w/Classic Controller

Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -

It’s not as nice as that boxed version that came with a Monado red Classic Controller Pro that our friends overseas got, but if you’re in the US or Canada and would like to buy Xenoblade Chronicles AND get a black Classic Controller Pro, you’re in luck!

For $64.99, you can get this limited edition bundle, straight from Nintendo.com’s web store.  You’ll save $5 on the cost of buying them separately, which I guess you can spend on snacks or a drink or something, which you’re going to need if you’re going to play the Chronicles as hard as I will.

The bundle begins shipping on April 6th, so you won’t get it on launch day.  But hell, if you’ve been waiting for it as long as the rest of us have, unsure if it’d even see the light of day on this side of the world, what’s a few more days, right?

You can get the standard edition from Nintendo.com right here if you’d like.  Ships on April 6th.  Pre-orders at Gamestop will score you a free bonus artbook.  And there’s an intent-to-purchase survey up at Club Nintendo for you to fill out, if you’d like some bonus coins.  April’s coin-redeemable games are out, too, but none of them really seem that exciting (pun intended), especially since Xenoblade comes out this week.

Hang in there, gang.  It’s almost Reyn Time.

MY, MY, JUST LOOK AT THE TIME!

#1 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -

It’s not as nice as that boxed version that came with a Monado red Classic Controller Pro that our friends overseas got, but if you’re in the US or Canada and would like to buy Xenoblade Chronicles AND get a black Classic Controller Pro, you’re in luck!

For $64.99, you can get this limited edition bundle, straight from Nintendo.com’s web store.  You’ll save $5 on the cost of buying them separately, which I guess you can spend on snacks or a drink or something, which you’re going to need if you’re going to play the Chronicles as hard as I will.

The bundle begins shipping on April 6th, so you won’t get it on launch day.  But hell, if you’ve been waiting for it as long as the rest of us have, unsure if it’d even see the light of day on this side of the world, what’s a few more days, right?

You can get the standard edition from Nintendo.com right here if you’d like.  Ships on April 6th.  Pre-orders at Gamestop will score you a free bonus artbook.  And there’s an intent-to-purchase survey up at Club Nintendo for you to fill out, if you’d like some bonus coins.  April’s coin-redeemable games are out, too, but none of them really seem that exciting (pun intended), especially since Xenoblade comes out this week.

Hang in there, gang.  It’s almost Reyn Time.

MY, MY, JUST LOOK AT THE TIME!

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

oh god i wish i had a wii

#3 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

My body is ready.

#4 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

oh god i wish i had a wii

I only got mine a few months ago, from a thrift store no less.  Judging by the crazy sales on 360s and PS3s at Future Shop and the like, I'm guessing the Wii will also be available for decent prices if you wait and keep checking the flyers.
#5 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

My body is ready.

I've been painstakingly preparing mine since January.  I might not be completely mentally prepared, but I assure you that my body is as ready as it's going to be.
#6 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Can this game be played with a Gamecube controller?

#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

So is this going to be like a Tales game or what?

#8 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@BoG said:

Can this game be played with a Gamecube controller?

I've read that you can't, but that the Remote/Nunchuk control scheme is actually not bad and allows some functionality that the Classic Controller doesn't.  Moving and selecting Arts at the same time, I think.

@Dagbiker said:

I haven't played any of the Tales, so I can't say.  Sorry, duder.
#9 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

@1337W422102: Ok, thanks. As long as it controls well, it's cool. I probably would have jumped on this deal if the nunchuk wasn't so good. Nothing against motion, but games like this always seem better with an old fashioned control scheme. I'll try out the nunchuk, if only to save cash. I'm still trying to decide between this and The Witcher, tough.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

This review offers a fairly good summation:

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Hailinel: Thanks

#12 Posted by Bulby33 (616 posts) -

Good idea bro, I submitted my order. Amazon.ca didn't have it and I don't have a classic controller pro, so it worked out nicely.

#13 Posted by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

@Dagbiker: It's more like a WoW-like MMO mixed with a jrpg-like story and a really streamlined quest system. You have auto-attack, but no mana. Instead the only thing that limit you skill use is their respective cooldowns, which you can decrease a little by upgrading them.

There's also the status effects where you inflict "break" so you can inflick "topple" (which makes an enemy fall over and become vunerable) after which you can inflict "daze" (which stuns them and make them even more vunerable). The trick is that no one character will have the ability to do all of those things and you only have direct control of one character at a time. There are tanks, healer and DPS characters whom each play differently.

Also there's a "premonition" thing integrated where you can sometimes get a vision of the future an act to counter it, useful in boss battles.

Also, you live on top of a dead Titan so the scale of the environments are sometimes ridiculous and awesome.

#14 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Damn, wish I could afford to spend money on cool stuff.
#15 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
#16 Posted by Wikitoups (875 posts) -

played a bit of it you guys have to use the classic controller as on the wiimote/nunchuck setup they use the d pad as the camera controls and that is awful.

#17 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@Wikitoups said:

played a bit of it you guys have to use the classic controller as on the wiimote/nunchuck setup they use the d pad as the camera controls and that is awful.

Is there a "reset camera behind the character" button in the Remote/Nunchuk control scheme?
#18 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11382 posts) -

I really should buy this game.

#19 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: Yah it sounds pretty cool, i might have to get it.

#20 Posted by wjb (1696 posts) -

I've had some interest in playing this game, but I totally realized just now that I never owned a classic controller. That's how much I don't play my Wii anymore.

Hmm...I'll have to decide if I want to pay for it or not (don't have money to spend right now) because I was originally going to rent it from Gamefly, eventually. I really don't want to use a remote/nunchuk combo for this.

#21 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

Should I buy this bundle or the one at Gamestop with the artbook?

#22 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@Rudeboy217 said:

Do you need another Classic Controller Pro?  If so, this bundle saves you $5, which, to be fair, isn't much.  Personally, I'm more interested in the artbook, but that's only because I'm a whore for collectables and whatnot.
#23 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Rudeboy217 said:

It has been announced that they have run out of art books for Gamestop preorders.

#24 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@Rudeboy217 said:

It has been announced that they have run out of art books for Gamestop preorders.

What, wait?  I guess I'd better go talk to the dudes who work at mine to make sure I'm getting one.
#25 Posted by druid42 (17 posts) -

I bought a Wii back in January specifically for this game (along with a Classic controller). The wife and I played around with the system (and a handful of games) for all of two weeks. It's sat idle every since, proving once again how lame the Wii really is. Now the only question is when will I have time to play Xenoblade, especially since I haven't even had time to finish ME3?

#26 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@druid42 said:

I bought a Wii back in January specifically for this game (along with a Classic controller). The wife and I played around with the system (and a handful of games) for all of two weeks. It's sat idle every since, proving once again how lame the Wii really is. Now the only question is when will I have time to play Xenoblade, especially since I haven't even had time to finish ME3?

The system's had a few gems here and there.
#27 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Rudeboy217 said:

Thanks for the heads-up, dude. I guess I will buy this bundle then.

#28 Posted by druid42 (17 posts) -
@1337W422102
@druid42 said:

The system's had a few gems here and there.
@1337W422102 Yeah, I know. I really should explore some of them instead of just brushing off system entirely.
#29 Posted by Karkarov (3268 posts) -

You know that pick that you posted makes me want to punch you in the face. At least you didn't post something about how this game was born into a world of strife and against the odds it got a US release.

#30 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@Karkarov said:

You know that pick that you posted makes me want to punch you in the face. At least you didn't post something about how this game was born into a world of strife and against the odds it got a US release.

Something bothering you?
#31 Posted by Karkarov (3268 posts) -

@1337W422102 said:

@Karkarov said:

Something bothering you?

Maybe the fact that I heard the words "It's REYN TIME" around 372 times in the first 2 hours of the game.

#32 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@1337W422102 said:

@Karkarov said:

Something bothering you?

Maybe the fact that I heard the words "It's REYN TIME" around 372 times in the first 2 hours of the game.

I love that image.

Man, what a bunch o' jokers!

:D

#33 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -
@DeF said:

@Karkarov said:

@1337W422102 said:

@Karkarov said:

Something bothering you?

I love that image.

Man, what a bunch o' jokers!

:D

We can definitely do this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.