Official Xenoblade Website Open - Spring 2010 in Japan

#1 Edited by jj984jj (242 posts) -

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html 

Looks like Monado has a new name in Japan. The website is only a teaser page with music right now. 

We still only have a tentative name for NA right now. I wonder if they'll change it to Xenoblade for us as well...

#2 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Hopefully it is the new name in the West.  Xenoblades has a much better ring to it.  Looking forward to it.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

Are we absolutely certain that Monado and Xenoblade are the same game?

#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" Hopefully it is the new name in the West.  Xenoblades has a much better ring to it.  Looking forward to it. "
But there's only one Xenoblade, and maybe probably Jesus or God or some bullshit lives in it. 
#5 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Is that a screen shot for the game?  If so it looks fucking epic.

#6 Posted by sewageking (31 posts) -
@Hailinel: Yeah, they're the same game.  Look at this:  http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1065032p1.html
#7 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Was this thread first, or this one?

Anyway, my responses:

mp3

Also, it has gnosticism tendencies like the other Xeno games as the name Monado (from Monad) implied already (look it up).

And yes, it's Monado, the sword on the website's art is the same as the one in the old Monado trailer.
#8 Posted by Gazel_Ministry (125 posts) -

I had no idea about this game. Xenogears creator Tetsuya Takahashi is making this. And from listening to the trailer I'm willing to bet that's a Yasunori Mitsuda score, but I can't find confirmation anywhere. Now I have to buy a Wii....

#9 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -
@Gazel_Ministry: I think it's a safe bet that a lot of people had this game flying low on their radars until the name change.  A new Xeno-game being developed by Takahashi is definitely going to catch more interest than a title with less immediate meaning like Monado.
#10 Posted by Gazel_Ministry (125 posts) -
@Hailinel: Good point. I just typed Xeno in the search bar and there it was. I would have been oblivious to Monado for quite a while.
#11 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Looks like the new Famitsu issue has a blowout for this game. Fuck I want to see it...

On the cover too... Must be big coverage...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.