Question for EU and import owners

#1 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1366 posts) -

How does this game play with a wiimote? do I need to drop the 20 to get a classic controller?

#2 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

You'd probably be fine with the Wiimote, it controls fine, but it's a very long game, so holding it could get uncomfortable.

#3 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

From what I have heard it works fine either way, but really having a classic controller is an important thing to have because a lot of other games support it and work better with it.

#4 Posted by evanomeara (79 posts) -

Yeah control wise its better with classic

#5 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

It's garbage. Camera control is extremely inelegant and a constant annoyance. I don't know what the control scheme is like with a classic controller, but if it's got regular right analogue stick control for the camera you should definitely make sure to get one if you're gonna play this game.

#6 Posted by Jazz (2140 posts) -

I can say that playing with Classic Controller is the way to go.

#7 Edited by DeF (4797 posts) -

Classic Controller Pro. Thank us later!

@Icemael said:

It's garbage. Camera control is extremely inelegant and a constant annoyance. I don't know what the control scheme is like with a classic controller, but if it's got regular right analogue stick control for the camera you should definitely make sure to get one if you're gonna play this game.

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Standard ass controls. :)

The game didn't get a bundle with a Classic Controller Pro for nothing!

#8 Posted by agoaj (34 posts) -

One of the benefits to the wii remote is that you can move AND select attacks at the same time.

#9 Posted by IAmNotBatman (627 posts) -

If you've played more than 1 game on your Wii then it doesn't matter, but there is the benefit of the remote that agoaj described ^^

#10 Posted by aquacadet (217 posts) -

This thread reminded me to buy a classic pro controller just in time for my copy to show up. Thanks a bunch! :)

#11 Posted by Karkarov (2971 posts) -

Well this is a neat question. How will I answer.... simple.

I will let the fact that the EU collector's edition of the game shipped with a red classic controller speak for itself.

#12 Posted by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

Both are perfectly fine ways to play the game, I played the first 20 hours of it with the Wii remote because my friend was borrowing my classic controller pro for Monster Hunter Tri.

With the Wii remote you can freely move and select Arts (your abilities/spells) at the same time, but the camera control is shitty. With the classic controller you have full camera control and movement at the same time, but you'll either have to stop moving or manipulate your right thumb oddly in order to select your arts and keep moving at the same time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.