Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

Reggie On Xenoblade Chronicles & Monoliths Upcoming Wii U Title

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Just found two interesting quotes via Kotaku

On Xenoblade Chronicles:

"We needed to make sure that there was really an opportunity for it. We wanted to see how it would sell in Europe, and based on the performance in Europe, we would look to bring it here to the U.S. It did well in Europe; we decided to bring it in here. We took a very smart approach and we sold it ourselves online in terms of physical goods as well as a focus on GameStop as a retailer, and it was a very good effort for us. (It sold) Quite well."

On Monolith's Wii U game:

"We know that they're working on a game. I personally haven't seen it, but I know there's a lot of excitement in Japan and Kyoto about what they're working on, so I look forward to seeing it. In the end, if it's a game that we decide to publish from... what would be a second-party standpoint, certainly we'd love to bring it here to the US. The way we look at the opportunity is, given a level of marketing support, how much are we gonna sell and is it gonna be a profitable venture?"
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

What about Pandora's Tower? Any word on that, Reggie? Or is that out of your control?

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

There's little chance of anyone picking up that game now.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF

@Video_Game_King said:

What about Pandora's Tower? Any word on that, Reggie? Or is that out of your control?

I think it's fair to say that the game wouldn't move too many units. Xenoblade had tons of positive word of mouth, The Last Story had Sakaguchi/Uematsu. Pandora's Tower had mixed reviews and no big "thing" to hang it on other than pissing off vegetarians. I can somewhat understand that they're not bringing it over. It's still surprising that Europe even got the game.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigdaddy81

I'm really glad Xenoblade Chronicles made it over. Game looks like tons of fun. Unfortunately I can't judge for myself until I get my Wii U.

:(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.