Should I get this or The Last Story?

#1 Posted by Cubidog1 (222 posts) -

I love the fact that Xenoblade is so big and has a lot to do, but I also would like a great story that doesnt take 50 hours to beat. Both combat systems look great. I only have enough money for one so which one?

#2 Posted by Landon (4139 posts) -

Well, Xenoblade reviewed a bit better, but something tells me that The Last Story will become the one that will be hard to find. I dont know, man. Just do the eeny meeny miny mo game.

#3 Posted by xyzygy (9949 posts) -

The Xenoblade story is awesome, pensive and touching. Get Xeno. I hear TLS isnt as good anyway.

#4 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Buy Xenoblade, beat it, sell it to a friend who missed the boat when it runs out of stock, buy Last Story in a few months when that's out with the money you made from selling Xenoblade.

#5 Posted by wjb (1657 posts) -

If possible, do something to earn the money in the 2.5 months until The Last Story comes out. Haven't played either yet, but Xenoblade looks more interesting to me.

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
I've preordered The Last Story, but if I can find additional money to throw at Nintendo for Xenoblade I will.
#7 Posted by Ezakael (935 posts) -

You're not going to be able to earn 50$ in 2 months? I find that hard to believe but if that is indeed the case I'm really not sure. I haven't played The last story, but I do have it preordered. Got Xenoblade and so far it is absolutely amazing. I'd even go so far as to say it's one of the best Jrpgs I've ever played. It blends both Wrpg and Jrpg styles nicely. Good story, huge world to explore and tons of quests (They are a bit dull though, still a fun distraction)

Both games are going to be really hard to find if you don't get them soon. So I'd keep that in mind as well.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Both. Anybody who says otherwise is a terrible person.

#9 Posted by obcdexter (592 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

You should really get Xenoblade Chronicles. I didn't like The Last Story at all. Xenoblade beats it on every level. It's really a fantastic game.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24421 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

Buy Xenoblade, beat it, sell it to a friend who missed the boat when it runs out of stock, buy Last Story in a few months when that's out with the money you made from selling Xenoblade.

That is foolish advice simply because I couldn't possibly see myself selling my copy of Xenoblade to anybody.

#11 Posted by Ezakael (935 posts) -

@obcdexter said:

@Video_Game_King said:

You should really get Xenoblade Chronicles. I didn't like The Last Story at all. Xenoblade beats it on every level. It's really a fantastic game.

May I ask why you didn't like the Last Story? I'll be getting it on release so I'm curious as to why you would dislike it so much.

#12 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@PixelPrinny said:

That is foolish advice simply because I couldn't possibly see myself selling my copy of Xenoblade to anybody.

But you and I are not in the same predicament as our fair OP here is!

#13 Posted by Hailinel (24421 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

@Hailinel said:

@PixelPrinny said:

But you and I are not in the same predicament as our fair OP here is!

That is true.

#14 Posted by Cubidog1 (222 posts) -

I just got a new job, so I'll be able to buy both now. Thanks for all the advice though.

#15 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I feel like a kid again this year. FF13-2 (which I thought was much better than 13), this game, and The Last Story? JRPG revival!

#16 Edited by Maginnovision (487 posts) -

I downloaded the last story and xenoblade today. Haven't tried the last story yet, but I really feel people sometimes see wii games better than they are. Graphically that is. Playing xenoblade upressed and it still looks like a ps2 game. By the way, I thought last story came out on february 24th?

#17 Edited by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

I remember reading that the Last Story will have limited release, so you better get your copy PRONTO

#18 Posted by sirdesmond (1237 posts) -

If you can get only one, get Xenoblade Chronicles. If you can get two, get both.

Also, The Last Story is possibly going to be pre-order only in the US so if you want that one go out and pre-order it.

#19 Posted by rubberluffy (448 posts) -

I think TLS is good (not great), and worth a purchase, but I'd very much say that Xenoblade is the better game.

#20 Posted by MetalBaofu (1374 posts) -

@sirdesmond said:

If you can get only one, get Xenoblade Chronicles. If you can get two, get both.

Also, The Last Story is possibly going to be pre-order only in the US so if you want that one go out and pre-order it.

It's on Gamefly with a release date, so I'm assuming it should be available everywhere, unlike Xenoblade. Of course, the Gamefly listing could change/be wrong. Either way, no way to know how easy/hard it will be to find, so pre-ordering can't hurt if you really want it. I'll most likely just try and rent it, since I already bought Xenoblade.

#21 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Well, since he got a new job this may be a bit pointless, but hey:

I haven't played either (and considering my lack of a Wii, doubt I ever will), but it seems the Last Story is very much a character-based high fantasy JRPG in the vain of Kingdom Hearts or later Final Fantasies. Xenoblade, on the other hand, is more of a wildcard. So, if you're a big fan of Hironobu Sakaguchi's previous work and the majority of post-FF7 JRPGs in all their corniness, get the Last Story. Otherwise, go for Xenoblade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.