Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

Similarities to previous Xeno games?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So I played [almost] all the way through Xenogears and played through the first Xenosaga. Xenogears and Xenosaga weren't too similar in terms of setting, I don't really remember the themes in Xenosaga, but they both had mechs galore. That was one thing that surprised me about Xenoblade is that it seems like it doesn't have any mechs at all from the screens that I've seen from it. Does it fit into the Xeno series in those terms? Or is it something else? Or maybe just marketing?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Getz

It has almost nothing to do with Xenosaga. They named it that to pay homage to their legacy, nothing more.

However, there are plenty of mechs. Half the game world takes place on a giant mech.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Zeik

There are plenty of mechs in the world, but nothing you ride or fight in like the other Xeno games. (Unless you count the fact that 95% of the world takes place on giant mechs.) Barring maybe a plot point that happens late in the game, there's little to nothing in the Xenoblade that is particularly reminiscent of Xenogears or Xenosaga.

Keep in mind the game wasn't even called Xenoblade originally. They changed it at the last minute from "Monado: Beginning of the World".

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zeik said:

There are plenty of mechs in the world, but nothing you ride or fight in like the other Xeno games. (Unless you count the fact that 95% of the world takes place on giant mechs.) Barring maybe a plot point that happens late in the game, there's little to nothing in the Xenoblade that is particularly reminiscent of Xenogears or Xenosaga.

Keep in mind the game wasn't even called Xenoblade originally. They changed it at the last minute from "Monado: Beginning of the World".

Ah okay, that was sorta what I was thought was happening with the name. Like I don't really feel like Xenogears and Xenosaga had much in common, but I don't remember. And I kinda assumed that Xenoblade may have just been named to play off of branding for marketing purposes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.