So, who's preordered?

  • 72 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

I preordered it online for in store pick up, so I hope Gamestop doesn't screw up.

Also I only have a regular classic controller is it really that much better with a pro?

#52 Posted by FunkyFox (62 posts) -

I just bought a Wii to play this (and some Mario/Zelda) and have it pre-ordered with CCP bundle. Can't wait.

#53 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Yeah, I figure I'd buy it since it'll probably become rare.

#54 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

And Nintendo of America has started selling the game in a CCP bundle on their website.

Switched my order from Gamestop to this as I still need a classic controller pro, myself. Hopefully Nintendo ships quickly... I had to pay shipping to them, when it woulda been free and fast at Gamestop... Guess I'll just hafta wait and see.

#55 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1049 posts) -

Didn't need another CCP so I just pre-ordered the game. Hopefully it ships on time...

#56 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Aw shit, this is a Gamestop exclusive? Think it's too late to pre-order/guarantee my copy on Friday? Looks like they charge $10 for a shipping option online that MIGHT get it to you on Saturday. I wish Amazon was stocking this game.

#57 Posted by Tackchevy (266 posts) -

Imported and played this a long time back. Drove me to finally figure out how to install that open environment on my Wii and then another random program that let me run without the region lock.

Thanks again for being really obscure NOA! You really fooled me, you bunch of jokers!

Anyways, sweet game. I've commented on it on several other threads, but it's now one of my all time favorites and really evolves the genre. I wish the combat was a little tighter and felt less automated, but I'm picking at the differences between 99 and 100.

#58 Edited by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

I put in my order yesterday. I haven't touched a jrpg since FFIX (or was that Skies of Arcadia?), so I hope the hype justifies it!

#59 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

This was the game that drove me to hack my Wii. 
Yes, I have it pre-ordered, I'm ecstatic to support this phenomenal game. Well worth it.

#60 Posted by gla55jAw (2698 posts) -

I preordered a week ago.

#61 Posted by Reddy1124 (139 posts) -

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

#62 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

#63 Posted by Reddy1124 (139 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

#64 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@Reddy1124 said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

No prob. I'm thinking about playing with the CCC Pro, but I've heard that the wiimote and nunchuk combo works great. I might play it that way just to give my hands a different experience and a break from the normal controller style.

#65 Posted by byterunner (319 posts) -

I pre-ordered monday at a GS.

Was kinda weird since there was this dude in his early 30's with a blue tooth in his ear and in working cloths at the GS also paying off a Xenoblade pre-order

#66 Edited by gla55jAw (2698 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

No prob. I'm thinking about playing with the CCC Pro, but I've heard that the wiimote and nunchuk combo works great. I might play it that way just to give my hands a different experience and a break from the normal controller style.

Lets say I've played some of the European release, the wiimote/nunchuk combo works, but the missing of the right stick for camera control is annoying enough for me to switch to the Pro. Same thing with The Last Story, you're constantly hitting a button to throw the camera behind you and it is not a smooth transition. I forget if Xenoblade put functionality on the 1 and 2 button which The Last Story did, which really felt dumb because it is awkward to hit. I'd say Classic Controller Pro is the best, even if the wiimote/nunchuk feels better in your hands, the 2nd stick for camera seems better overall.

#67 Posted by redgonzo (97 posts) -

I would really love to get this but I don't have a wii :( I wish this came out on the ps2 or something.

#68 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@gla55jAw said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

No prob. I'm thinking about playing with the CCC Pro, but I've heard that the wiimote and nunchuk combo works great. I might play it that way just to give my hands a different experience and a break from the normal controller style.

Lets say I've played some of the European release, the wiimote/nunchuk combo works, but the missing of the right stick for camera control is annoying enough for me to switch to the Pro. Same thing with The Last Story, you're constantly hitting a button to throw the camera behind you and it is not a smooth transition. I forget if Xenoblade put functionality on the 1 and 2 button which The Last Story did, which really felt dumb because it is awkward to hit. I'd say Classic Controller Pro is the best, even if the wiimote/nunchuk feels better in your hands, the 2nd stick for camera seems better overall.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. Gotta ask: Which do you prefer- Zenoblade or The Last Story and for what reasons?

#69 Posted by gla55jAw (2698 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@gla55jAw said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

No prob. I'm thinking about playing with the CCC Pro, but I've heard that the wiimote and nunchuk combo works great. I might play it that way just to give my hands a different experience and a break from the normal controller style.

Lets say I've played some of the European release, the wiimote/nunchuk combo works, but the missing of the right stick for camera control is annoying enough for me to switch to the Pro. Same thing with The Last Story, you're constantly hitting a button to throw the camera behind you and it is not a smooth transition. I forget if Xenoblade put functionality on the 1 and 2 button which The Last Story did, which really felt dumb because it is awkward to hit. I'd say Classic Controller Pro is the best, even if the wiimote/nunchuk feels better in your hands, the 2nd stick for camera seems better overall.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. Gotta ask: Which do you prefer- Zenoblade or The Last Story and for what reasons?

No problem. I actually only played a couple hours of The Last Story and about an hour of Xenoblade, mostly because I was curious and I want to play my actual physical copy that I buy (especially since I supported Operation Rainfall). They both seem pretty fun. I'll lean a little towards Xenoblade because from the little I played. I enjoyed the battle system a little more, and it looks a lot better.

#70 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

Well I changed my mind, I preordered it...I'm weak

#71 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@gla55jAw said:

@bonorbitz said:

@gla55jAw said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

No prob. I'm thinking about playing with the CCC Pro, but I've heard that the wiimote and nunchuk combo works great. I might play it that way just to give my hands a different experience and a break from the normal controller style.

Lets say I've played some of the European release, the wiimote/nunchuk combo works, but the missing of the right stick for camera control is annoying enough for me to switch to the Pro. Same thing with The Last Story, you're constantly hitting a button to throw the camera behind you and it is not a smooth transition. I forget if Xenoblade put functionality on the 1 and 2 button which The Last Story did, which really felt dumb because it is awkward to hit. I'd say Classic Controller Pro is the best, even if the wiimote/nunchuk feels better in your hands, the 2nd stick for camera seems better overall.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. Gotta ask: Which do you prefer- Zenoblade or The Last Story and for what reasons?

No problem. I actually only played a couple hours of The Last Story and about an hour of Xenoblade, mostly because I was curious and I want to play my actual physical copy that I buy (especially since I supported Operation Rainfall). They both seem pretty fun. I'll lean a little towards Xenoblade because from the little I played. I enjoyed the battle system a little more, and it looks a lot better.

I've heard that the battle system in The Last Story is better than Zeno's but that's just another opinion. I haven't played a jrpg since Final Fantasy IX or Skies of Arcadia so any battle system in 2012 will rock my fuckin socks off. It'll be good either way. I was hoping to play The Last Story first because of the director and composer are both from the Final Fantasy games and that's a series I grew up with.

#72 Posted by gla55jAw (2698 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@gla55jAw said:

@bonorbitz said:

@gla55jAw said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Reddy1124 said:

Does this game also work with a Gamecube controller or just the classic and Wiimote?

Wiimote and nunchuck or Classic Controller or Classic Classic Controller Pro

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

No prob. I'm thinking about playing with the CCC Pro, but I've heard that the wiimote and nunchuk combo works great. I might play it that way just to give my hands a different experience and a break from the normal controller style.

Lets say I've played some of the European release, the wiimote/nunchuk combo works, but the missing of the right stick for camera control is annoying enough for me to switch to the Pro. Same thing with The Last Story, you're constantly hitting a button to throw the camera behind you and it is not a smooth transition. I forget if Xenoblade put functionality on the 1 and 2 button which The Last Story did, which really felt dumb because it is awkward to hit. I'd say Classic Controller Pro is the best, even if the wiimote/nunchuk feels better in your hands, the 2nd stick for camera seems better overall.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. Gotta ask: Which do you prefer- Zenoblade or The Last Story and for what reasons?

No problem. I actually only played a couple hours of The Last Story and about an hour of Xenoblade, mostly because I was curious and I want to play my actual physical copy that I buy (especially since I supported Operation Rainfall). They both seem pretty fun. I'll lean a little towards Xenoblade because from the little I played. I enjoyed the battle system a little more, and it looks a lot better.

I've heard that the battle system in The Last Story is better than Zeno's but that's just another opinion. I haven't played a jrpg since Final Fantasy IX or Skies of Arcadia so any battle system in 2012 will rock my fuckin socks off. It'll be good either way. I was hoping to play The Last Story first because of the director and composer are both from the Final Fantasy games and that's a series I grew up with.

I only played a little of each, so like I said, I can't really say which I like better. The last story has real time fighting (you can auto-attack or press a button), you give other members commands during real time battles that effect other enemies and parts of the environment. It's more an action RPG.

In Xenoblade, it is a mixture of action RPG and turn based, much like Final Fantasy XII, you aggro (or have another member aggro) an enemy and you have to wait for bars to fill up before you can attack or use abilities, all the while you can move around the enemy freely. It really depends what you like more.

I say play them both! Xenoblade is out Friday and The Last Story is in June.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.