What do you guys think of the soundtrack?

#1 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

Personally I'm enjoying it but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. The Shimomura tracks have that nice KH rhythm to them, which is nice, and in general the ACe+ are, uh, pretty ace. Though I suppose Shimomura's title piano theme is my favourite right now of the lot.

I'm on the fence about whether to purchase this album or not. It's all very nice but nothing really resonates with me very strongly yet. What do you guys think of it and what's your fave track?

#2 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

I'm liking it so far. There's some fine work from Shimomura in this game, and it really meshes well with the game.

#3 Posted by BoG (5181 posts) -

I am really enjoying the soundtrack. It's so JRPG, which is all I need.

#4 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

It's good but none of the tracks (aside from maybe a few seconds of the main theme) have gotten into my head yet.

#5 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

It's OK so far, but nothing has stood out to me yet.

#6 Posted by grahf14 (40 posts) -

I love the soundtrack so far.  Some of the songs get a little repetitive after a while since you're in the same area for a really long time especially if you're messing around with the sidequests.  But I think its top-notch.

#7 Posted by 1337W422102 (1005 posts) -
#8 Edited by Mento (2441 posts) -

The soundtrack's impressive, considering every region has a track for both day and night. My personal favorites are those that show up once you reach the Mechonis. The regular battle music and the first area especially. I also like this one, though you only hear it once throughout the entire game.

#9 Posted by Ezakael (911 posts) -

I'm really enjoying it so far. I REALLY love the Satorl Marsh Night time theme, so beautiful.

#10 Posted by buzz_clik (6914 posts) -

I loved the music I heard on the Quick Look, and listening to that was a significant part of my sudden desire to purchase the game.

#11 Posted by kurtbro900 (117 posts) -

It's great video game music. Which is what it should be.

#12 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

Im enjoying it alot so far.Its typical JRPG fare wich I like

#13 Posted by Modedude (36 posts) -

What's nice about the music is that it has a consistant feel to it, but because it's a team of people working on the soundtrack, each track sounds different enough that each area feels kinda fresh to go to. Final boss theme is probably one of the best battle themes I've heard recently, song title is full of spoiler though, so won't post, and it's best hearing it in context really, all good videogame music is best heard in context.

#14 Posted by BonOrbitz (2160 posts) -

@Ezakael said:

I'm really enjoying it so far. I REALLY love the Satorl Marsh Night time theme, so beautiful.

I just got to that area; very beautiful indeed. What is being sung exactly?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.