Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 10, 2010

An RPG developed by Monolith Soft, for Wii and New Nintendo 3DS. Two great civilizations that live on the vast bodies of slain deities have been at war for aeons, and now with the development of a dangerous superweapon, things are finally coming to a head.

Will Xenoblade NTSC have the UK English voices?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I think this would be kick ass. I have never played a JRPG with a cast of UK voice actors. I think it'll be very fresh to not hear the same old voice actors over and over again (Yuri Lowenthal, Liam O'Brian, the guy who does Fenris in DA2, the girl who does Estelle in Vesperia, etc) So it'll be nice. I am completely sick of North American voice actors, they are so recycled and lifeless now.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

That's great, but the UK voice acting is supposedly terrible. That said, they'll probably use it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy
    @TehFlan said:

That's great, but the UK voice acting is supposedly terrible. That said, they'll probably use it.

Oh that's too bad. Oh well I might have to go full Japanese/English Subs for this one.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Nintendo's not going to spend the money to re-dub the game.

The voice acting is mad-British though. I watched a couple hours of it online. Seemed fine to me.

Edit: HOWEVER, I feel I should add that if it was re-dubbed with only Nolan North...Xenoblade would be my game of the year 2012.

lasergreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lasergreen

I heard that the UK voice acting was actually quite good as far as JRPG's go.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Cornman89

Having put about 50 hours into the game, I can assure you the VO is not terrible.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands

I don't much care for the English accent, I'd rather hear the over-played voice actors.

@xyzygy said:

the girl who does Estelle in Vesperia

Unless my memory and back-up super fast internet search is wrong... she isn't in much at all. I don't know if that search is right though... it says she does the voice of Chie in Persona 4 as well as Sakura in Street Fighter 4. None of which sound the same to me... but if it is true, then more power to her.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By MEATBALL
    @LaserGreen said:

I heard that the UK voice acting was actually quite good as far as JRPG's go.

It's typically pretty damn great, I feel. This is an Aussie's perspective, however. The trailer that went up alongside the US release announcement definitely had the UK voice acting.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands

@MooseyMcMan said:

Edit: HOWEVER, I feel I should add that if it was re-dubbed with only Nolan North...Xenoblade would be my game of the year 2012.

I feel as though this goes without saying for pretty much every game that has ever been made. Ever.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz
    @xyzygy said:

@TehFlan said:

Oh that's too bad. Oh well I might have to go full Japanese/English Subs for this one.
    it's totally fine the way it was dubbed.  Unless you are very picky about your british accents... which most non british people won't be bothered by much.
    RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By RuthLoose

This game is MAAAAAD British.

SPOILERS: This video is a play through of the game and features the very first 10 minutes of gameplay. The narrator here does a great job keeping later spoilers subdued in the event you are curious.

CountMacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CountMacula

I'd very much doubt they'll re-dub it. Wasn't there an option to use the Japanese voices instead in the European release?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

@xyzygy said:

I think this would be kick ass. I have never played a JRPG with a cast of UK voice actors. I think it'll be very fresh to not hear the same old voice actors over and over again (Yuri Lowenthal, Liam O'Brian, the guy who does Fenris in DA2, the girl who does Estelle in Vesperia, etc) So it'll be nice. I am completely sick of North American voice actors, they are so recycled and lifeless now.

Nintendo has already confirmed that the U.S. release will essentially be the same as the European version in terms of the English localization, though I expect that they might change spellings to reflect American English.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By emem

@CountMacula said:

I'd very much doubt they'll re-dub it. Wasn't there an option to use the Japanese voices instead in the European release?

Yep, I'm playing with Japanese voices and English subtitles and it's great. I tried listening to the English voice actors, but gave up about 15 hours in, because their voices changed the whole atmosphere in such a way that it started to feel awkward... that's just me though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.