Your Letter Writing Campaign Paid Off: Xenoblade: Chronicles Is Coming to America [UPDATED]

#101 Posted by biospank (657 posts) -

I just hope people actually buy this game so it is not a waste of time. But it looks like I gotta buy that game now with a controller.

#102 Posted by SirDancelot (80 posts) -

@wrathofconn: Well done.

It's definitely good news for Nintendo fans, too bad it took so long. Sounds like a pretty cool JRPG, last one I really enjoyed was probably FF X, wouldn't mind checking this one out next year.

#103 Posted by rubberluffy (476 posts) -

I already beat the PAL version (hacked wii) but I ran out today and went to my local gamestop and put some money on this.  One of the best games I've ever played.  I can't wait to put another 100+ hours into it.

#104 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

Awesome, now I don't have to import a copy.

#105 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I'm interested to see the sales.

#106 Posted by bodine1231 (9 posts) -

I feel good that you guys will get to play the greatest JRPG of all time,enjoy!!!

#107 Posted by mrfluke (5347 posts) -

@biospank said:

I just hope people actually buy this game so it is not a waste of time. But it looks like I gotta buy that game now with a controller.
#108 Posted by Beforet (2934 posts) -

I might just get a Dolphin box for this.

#109 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Zero interest in the game myself, but glad to see peoples hard work pay off for once instead of falling on deaf ears.

#110 Posted by Cynical_Gamer (97 posts) -

Played the Japanese version. Awful game. One of those overrated JRPGs of all time.

#111 Posted by Marokai (3150 posts) -

Awesome and about time! Finally; a smart move from Nintendo.

#112 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

So glad people can finally enjoy this everywhere without having to jump through a bunch of not-really-sanctioned hoops.

#113 Posted by Sergeant_Stubby (59 posts) -

to little to late, already imported and soft modded my wii.

#114 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Would have been nice if this had hit america when I actually cared about my wii and what games it has :\.

#115 Posted by august (3866 posts) -

[insert anime emoticon here]

#116 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Should be on the 360.

The game was developed by a Nintendo-owned studio.

#117 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@UnrealDP said:

@Hailinel said:

@UnrealDP

Cool, now if only my Wii wasn't in some box in my closet...

And you doubted this would happen. Who's laughing now, chuckles?!

I said that nobody buys Wii games, Nintendo waited until they milked the import sales and Wii games still don't sell well so I bet this games going to make tons of money, I mean really. This whole release is just to quell rabid fans, right?

You ceaselessly trolled every post I made regarding the subject of promoting Operation Rainfall. You said it wouldn't work. Whether or not Operation Rainfall had any effect on this is immaterial because it is coming, therefore the movement could be considered a success.

#118 Edited by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Hailinel said:

@UnrealDP

Cool, now if only my Wii wasn't in some box in my closet...

And you doubted this would happen. Who's laughing now, chuckles?!

I said that nobody buys Wii games, Nintendo waited until they milked the import sales and Wii games still don't sell well so I bet this games going to make tons of money, I mean really. This whole release is just to quell rabid fans, right?

You ceaselessly trolled every post I made regarding the subject of promoting Operation Rainfall. You said it wouldn't work. Whether or not Operation Rainfall had any effect on this is immaterial because it is coming, therefore the movement could be considered a success.

I responded to two posts... Also why are you posting this when Breaking Brad is at its climax? But yeah operation rainfall was a success seeing as Nintendo brought it over, so great job, now all the enthusiast that wanted it have imported it and the casual players that won't buy it will continue not buying it. Maybe I was a bit of a dick, but I just thought the entire thing was pointless and stupid. I still do, but hey, if Nintendo has to release a most likely dead on arrival product just to appease its fans, then so be it.

#119 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Should be on the 360.

I know its just wishful thinking on my part....I'll get this when its cheaper and I'll have to dust off my dormant Wii to play it.

#120 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I want to play it but I put the WIi in my daughters room and I don't know if I am motivated enough to move it for it.

#121 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@UnrealDP: I'm talking about months ago.

@Unknown_Pleasures: Its potentially limited availability may make that tactic difficult.

#123 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Hailinel: Eh it depends on sales....they may not even be able to sell out a limited supply (Nintendo didn't want to release this game in America for a reason)....I hope it does do well though, maybe then Nintendo will release more of their games geared towards a Japanese audience in America.

#124 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@Hailinel: Eh it depends on sales....they may not even be able to sell out a limited supply (Nintendo didn't want to release this game in America for a reason)....I hope it does do well though, maybe then Nintendo will release more of their games geared towards a Japanese audience in America.

Not buying the game is a good way to ensure that doesn't happen.

#125 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Hailinel: My one sale won't make a difference.....I wasn't a part of the petition either, people who were a part of the petition who don't buy the game would be the real ones to blame.

#126 Posted by EuanDewar (5100 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Man project rainfall didn't do shit, they just realized there's nothing coming out in 2012 so they delayed putting it out here until the Wii's last year. Also, making it Gamestop exclusive is really just "hey this fucking game won't sell enough to warrant a localization because we targeted this device towards families and not neckbeards, who'll buy these copies from us with a small margin of profit?"

Not my words but the opinion of someone very dear to my heart.

My dark fucking heart.

#127 Edited by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

@Hailinel: I don't even know what you're saying by that, so I think we should just stop here, eh?

#128 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

So I'm like "April? Sounds far off enough to maybe be worth picking it up." and then I remembered it's been out here since forever. I guess I could still wait until April and watch the quicklook or something to decide if I should get it or not.

#129 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel said:

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Man project rainfall didn't do shit, they just realized there's nothing coming out in 2012 so they delayed putting it out here until the Wii's last year. Also, making it Gamestop exclusive is really just "hey this fucking game won't sell enough to warrant a localization because we targeted this device towards families and not neckbeards, who'll buy these copies from us with a small margin of profit?"

Not my words but the opinion of someone very dear to my heart.

My dark fucking heart.

There's a contradiction in there. If it's not worth the localization cost (mostly taken care of by the European release), why release it?

Also, your friend is a grinch.

#130 Posted by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

I just realized why those three RPGs wound up on the Wii; no HD textures.  I bet they saved themselves a whole bunch of art costs by only building for 480p.

I think the JRPG boom in the late 90s was kind of an isolated event... every other period of the genre is it struggling to find anything more than a niche.

#131 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I think the JRPG boom in the late 90s was kind of an isolated event... every other period of the genre is it struggling to find anything more than a niche.

Isn't that true of many once-great genres? Adventure games, platformers, shmups, etc.

#132 Posted by dragonzord (823 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@Hailinel said:

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Should be on the 360.

I know its just wishful thinking on my part....I'll get this when its cheaper and I'll have to dust off my dormant Wii to play it.

Then it clearly SHOULDN'T be on the 360 if it's getting you to play your Wii again.

#133 Posted by iamMigz (6 posts) -

THANK YOU SANTA!

#134 Posted by Hypertreb (101 posts) -

This is absolutely great... now... Last Story please? :3

#135 Posted by JakeLogan (221 posts) -

Don't look so pleased with yourself Nintendo

#136 Posted by Mexican_Brownie (201 posts) -

I've seen people saying great things about this game ever since it was released in Japan. EXCITE!!!

#137 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3526 posts) -

The European version is great, one of the best JRPGs in awhile for sure. Up there with Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Dark Souls, and Resonance of Fate as the best JRPGs this generation. Man if they get new voice actors I am gonna miss the "whatta bunch of jokeuhs" sound bit.

#138 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

The best aspects of Xenoblade are the lack of American accents and correct English spelling .... meant I didn't have to mentally correct all the spelling mistakes.

Will NOA take out the "u"s, replace "s" with "z"s and replace "c" with "s"s ????? Mmmmmmm, colour, armour, moustache, defence, authorise ...... mmmmmmmmmm.

#139 Posted by mewarmo990 (838 posts) -

Cool!

#140 Posted by vegetashonor (660 posts) -

Moral of the story kids, is bitch until you get what you want... :/ Lol

#141 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

I hope all the people who wrote letters and voiced their concerns on forums put their money where their mouth is and buy the game. If not then I'm fairly certain that a similar effort in the future might not work. 

Money talks people.

#142 Posted by maskedarcstrike (700 posts) -

Will definitely pick this up more than likely, after reading what some other have people have said I'm excited to hear it exempts itself from many of the tropes of JRPGS. For instance I've heard you can fast travel anywhere, you don't have to turn in side quests once you have completed them.

Plus I've heard that it has an immense amount of exploration with gorgeous scenery.

I dunno about Last Story, I heard it has a much more linear design choice as far as exploration is concerned which isn't really my type of thing.

#143 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I just realized why those three RPGs wound up on the Wii; no HD textures. I bet they saved themselves a whole bunch of art costs by only building for 480p. I think the JRPG boom in the late 90s was kind of an isolated event... every other period of the genre is it struggling to find anything more than a niche.

You mean it had nothing to do with the fact that Nintendo either produced or co-produced all three games? :P

#144 Posted by craigymail (209 posts) -

@vegetashonor said:

All the way.

#145 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

@Amphetama said:

Awesome, now just bring out The Last Story and put a bullet in that thing.

#146 Posted by Xeiphyer (5611 posts) -
@craigymail said:

@vegetashonor said:

All the way.

At least this is the right kind of complaining, so its a little justified =P
#147 Posted by Skanker (254 posts) -

Most americans interested in the game would have most likely played it already, no? Still, really happy they're bringing the game over there, it's an amazing one.

#148 Posted by lanyuan (1 posts) -

Mother 3!!!!!! XD

#149 Posted by gormers (289 posts) -

@Loomies said:

I hope this game doesn't disappoint after how much clamoring there was for it

Most likely not, well at least I think it is very good.

#150 Posted by blaakmawf (543 posts) -

Cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.