Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenonauts

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 16, 2014

A "strategic planetary defense simulation" in a cold war setting, inspired by the original X-Com.

New spiritual successor to X-com Revealed: Xenonauts

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By ectoplasma

A promising looking Indie title was revealed:   www.xenonauts.com/. It's a spiritual successor to X-com. They keep the core elements of the game, true turn based combat, base management, isometric perspective and promise to create new meachnics where it is adequate. I'm infinitely stoked for this game and hope it gets some exposure.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ectoplasma

A promising looking Indie title was revealed:   www.xenonauts.com/. It's a spiritual successor to X-com. They keep the core elements of the game, true turn based combat, base management, isometric perspective and promise to create new meachnics where it is adequate. I'm infinitely stoked for this game and hope it gets some exposure.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not liking the timing of their unveiling and they have pretty much nothing to show at this point which means it may be an attempt to capitalise on disgruntled fans who heard about the new X-Com game. Won't be stoked until they actually show good progress. Also, not sure about their randomly generated map plans. Sure, repetition is bad, but so is, well, randomness, since terrain can be an advantage, and random terrain can be unbalanced.

Try this indie game, it's not exactly new, or fancy, but it's from the X-COM: UFO creators, though it's different. But they made it subscription based for online which is pretty damn stupid for such a game where the multiplayer is play by e-mail or something along those lines. I have no idea if they still provide support.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ectoplasma
    @Al3xand3r: Well, they use the exact same reasons you just mentioned as their motive for premature exposure. On the front page. So it's no trick to lure lost children. I see it as a legitimate move. I was pretty happy to see this news. 
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ectoplasma

Those videos didnt show up in your original comment that was send to me. thanks for the tip, I'm going to check it out!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.