Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Sega's Yakuza series moves to the PlayStation 3 for its third installment, bringing all the comically brutal beat-em-up gameplay, Japanese RPG storytelling and various mini-games with it.

Confirmed: Game has cut content

• 57 results
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By KaosAngel
    So Giant Bomb, this game worth opening...keep it as a collector's item, or give it to my buddy who has been asking for it since the game launched in Japan?  I have NEVER played a Yakuza game and don't intend to until they make Shenmu 3.  That director is really cool though, and did pay for my meal...and did tell me to play it. 

No Caption Provided
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Dan_CiTi

As dumb as the removal of the hostess clubs is, it is no reason to go ahead and not buy the game. I'm not buying it because I don't really have the money to buy it, because I need to get SSFIV when it comes out. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By KaosAngel

Oh damn, I checked out the trophy lists and compared them...there is a lot of stuff cut apparently.  5 trophies are missing, and some others are different in the NA/EU version....so there's 2 sets of platniums this game!

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By animateria
    Via Kotaku

"Sega's official message board for the site is home to complaints from early-bird purchasers of the game, who say that along with the hostess bars and Japanese trivia quiz, scores of other content is missing, including Mah-jong games and, more importantly, scores of the game's side missions.

In chapters 3 and 4 of the game, for example, nine of the forty available side quests have been axed from the Western version. That's a lot more than we were first led to believe, especially given Sega's original promise last year that the game was on its way in an unedited state."

Yep, that's right folks , Sega wasn't telling you everything.   They told you about some of the missing content but that wasn't all.

They axed a lot of side quests! ( Notice the article says "For example" meaning even more were axed)

What the fuck, Sega?

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ApertureSilence

You just lost sale, SEGA. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzylifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By PureRok

Hostess clubs are awesome! Fuck.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By agentboolen

Not sure why they couldn't just turn it into a Japanese monster quiz!!!!  I would think it wouldn't have been that hard to make it a quiz test we could pass about japan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.