Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Sega's Yakuza series moves to the PlayStation 3 for its third installment, bringing all the comically brutal beat-em-up gameplay, Japanese RPG storytelling and various mini-games with it.

Fans of this, please tell me nice things about it.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

I have stared at an auction site for about a week now, because someone is selling a fresh new copy of this game at a price which is about half of what I´d expect to pay for it.
    The problem is that I´m still hesitant. There seems to be so much stuff about this game that I MAY not like, because it's just so weird.

So people who like this, please go ahead and tell me all kinds of happy-positive things about this to make me go ahead and buy it.

I don't have a problem with slow-paced games (I'm a fan of the Metal Gear games for example)
    The Quick Look was oddly compelling, even though basically nothing happened in it.
    Never played Yakuza 1 or 2.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By artelinarose

This game is brutal as SHIT. Going through the game, every time I discovered a new heat move I found myself loudly exclaiming "OH CHRIST." You mess dudes UP in this game.

Karaoke.

The story is compelling, though a tiny bit confusing. And yes, a little slow. It's about a 20 hour game if you just do the story stuff. 3 was my first game in the series and I found myself super attached to the characters by the end of the game. Kazuma in particular is a wonderfully likable badass.

KARAOKE.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Zabant

Combat is brilliant. 

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ventilaator
    @Artemesia said:
    " This game is brutal as SHIT. Going through the game, every time I discovered a new heat move I found myself loudly exclaiming "OH CHRIST." You mess dudes UP in this game.

Karaoke.

The story is compelling, though a tiny bit confusing. And yes, a little slow. It's about a 20 hour game if you just do the story stuff. 3 was my first game in the series and I found myself super attached to the characters by the end of the game. Kazuma in particular is a wonderfully likable badass.

KARAOKE. "
    Well there you go, that's some really nice things you're saying. Good to hear that it makes sense if it's your first Yakuza game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.