Sorry For Creating So Many Topics Lately.... But Goddamnit Sega!

#2 Posted by agentboolen (1752 posts) -

Yea that sucks...  I feel your pain.  PS3 you probably can import the Japan game, but then the language thing will probably bit you on the ass.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36087 posts) -

I thought gaming was past the whole "release major games only in Japan" thing by now. I guess they're still sore that they didn't get Conker's Bad Fur Day :P.

#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

It just seems stupid that they're saying they're not releasing it with one of the reason's being the last game only sold 40,000, as if this was something new but when you think about it, Yakuza has been pushed as the new Shenmue and Shenmue fans have been burned before so I can imagine a lot of people didn't buy into the first games simply because they expected SEGA to pull some shit like this. I know I did, anyway.

#5 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

Thats about right, since I really loved the second game.

#6 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

I never quite understood this move, I mean sure, there are a ton of games where it makes logical sense to release only in Japan as maybe the market isn't big enough outside, but this strikes me as a game that would be equally as popular inside of japan as it is outside.

So what's the dealio? I can't understand why they would do this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.