Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Sega's Yakuza series moves to the PlayStation 3 for its third installment, bringing all the comically brutal beat-em-up gameplay, Japanese RPG storytelling and various mini-games with it.

Yakuza 3 is coming...are you ready to stomp some faces?

Avatar image for keystone_yinzer
    Keystone_Yinzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Keystone_Yinzer

A serious face for a serious man.

Spring is on the way and Yakuza 3 is coming much sooner then that. How soon? How about in less than 3 weeks?  That's right, on March 9th Yakuza 3 (Not Japan's Yakuza 3 aka Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan ) will come stateside. There was quite a bit of turmoil over whether or not this game would even come to the US, but now it is and now we can hope that Yakuza 4 will follow suite.

What -is- Yakuza? It is an awesome mix of a fighting game with story elements and exploring that brings back memories of the classic Shenmue except with 99% more kicking ass and 100% less looking for sailors.

March 9th, 2010 - A day hearkened by much face stomping and tonfa hitting.

But, it's won't be that easy. Even though the original Yakuza and Yakuza 2  were awesome games. They arrived rather late in PS2's life and to little fan-fare. This resulted in low sales which almost made Yakuza 3 never get released outside of Japan. Now, it's time to do your duty and buy this game! That way YOU can play a part in helping bring Yakuza 4 stateside as well.

Yes, Yakuza 3 will be able to be purchased in less than a month.

So what are you guys waiting for? A pre-order bonus? Well there is one!  
    Head on over to Gamestop and get five bucks off, alternate costumes, and some 2 player mini-games!

Indeed this game is going up against some other game on this release date:
     But hopefully all of you will make the right decision.
    Kazama is going to very disappointed if you don't buy his game.  Note: It's not a good idea to disappoint former Yakuza
    Kazama is going to very disappointed if you don't buy his game.  Note: It's not a good idea to disappoint former Yakuza

So who else pre-ordered  Yakuza 3 and is ready to rock and roll? Any of you guys still sitting on the fence out there?       
    Keystone_Yinzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Keystone_Yinzer

A serious face for a serious man.

Spring is on the way and Yakuza 3 is coming much sooner then that. How soon? How about in less than 3 weeks?  That's right, on March 9th Yakuza 3 (Not Japan's Yakuza 3 aka Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan ) will come stateside. There was quite a bit of turmoil over whether or not this game would even come to the US, but now it is and now we can hope that Yakuza 4 will follow suite.

What -is- Yakuza? It is an awesome mix of a fighting game with story elements and exploring that brings back memories of the classic Shenmue except with 99% more kicking ass and 100% less looking for sailors.

March 9th, 2010 - A day hearkened by much face stomping and tonfa hitting.

But, it's won't be that easy. Even though the original Yakuza and Yakuza 2  were awesome games. They arrived rather late in PS2's life and to little fan-fare. This resulted in low sales which almost made Yakuza 3 never get released outside of Japan. Now, it's time to do your duty and buy this game! That way YOU can play a part in helping bring Yakuza 4 stateside as well.

Yes, Yakuza 3 will be able to be purchased in less than a month.

So what are you guys waiting for? A pre-order bonus? Well there is one!  
    Head on over to Gamestop and get five bucks off, alternate costumes, and some 2 player mini-games!

Indeed this game is going up against some other game on this release date:
     But hopefully all of you will make the right decision.

So who else pre-ordered  Yakuza 3 and is ready to rock and roll? Any of you guys still sitting on the fence out there?       
    Keystone_Yinzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Keystone_Yinzer
    @sidescroller: I know it is a tough decision. Here is a graph to help you.

No Caption Provided
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By scarace360

im getting this instead of ff13 cause well punks need a lesson in ass kicking and i need to teach.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

I'm getting this...definitely. 

No problem wtih FF13, i lost interest in ff at 12. And, my friend is getting it, so i'll borrow it if i ever want to play. 

Now...if i could only get my hands on Yakuza 1 and 2...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.