Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 18, 2010

Yakuza 4 is the fourth game in Sega's crime drama series, known as 'Ryu ga Gotoku' in Japan. As a first for the series, the story is split between the viewpoints of four different protagonists.

Yakuza 4

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By nima

I have now completed two parts of Yakuza 4 and I am now playing as the third character.  
    So far I have gone through Akiyama and Saejima's story. I wasn't expecting Saejima's story to be as good as Akiyama's but I was proven wrong. I suppose I judged Akiyama at the beginning and thought there couldn't be much to this bulky tough looking prisoner. This guy looks like he has more morals than the prison guards. He's morals, motives and reason for being in prison are what really makes this character for me.  
    I look forward to hearing about the third characters side of the story. I still don't know he's name yet but I'll pick it up as I play more of it. 
    So far, I'm really liking this game. Some of the gameplay mechanics are stuck in the past though. I wish this were fully voiced too. There are parts where its voiced but then it cuts to text. Why not go the extra mile and make it fully voiced as the voice acting in this is incredible. Also, it can get annoying when I am walking and I randomly get into a fight. I suppose it's the waiting to get into fight mode, then after beating them, waiting to get out of fight mode. I mean, why not make it streamlined? It just feels like old gameplay mechanics coming into play here. When he finds a locker key why do I have to watch him take hes time bending down to get the locker key. I suppose thinking about it, they are small issues but I feel even these small changes could make the game flow better.  
    I suppose I am willing to take the negatives when such a great story is being told.  

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nima

I have now completed two parts of Yakuza 4 and I am now playing as the third character.  
    So far I have gone through Akiyama and Saejima's story. I wasn't expecting Saejima's story to be as good as Akiyama's but I was proven wrong. I suppose I judged Akiyama at the beginning and thought there couldn't be much to this bulky tough looking prisoner. This guy looks like he has more morals than the prison guards. He's morals, motives and reason for being in prison are what really makes this character for me.  
    I look forward to hearing about the third characters side of the story. I still don't know he's name yet but I'll pick it up as I play more of it. 
    So far, I'm really liking this game. Some of the gameplay mechanics are stuck in the past though. I wish this were fully voiced too. There are parts where its voiced but then it cuts to text. Why not go the extra mile and make it fully voiced as the voice acting in this is incredible. Also, it can get annoying when I am walking and I randomly get into a fight. I suppose it's the waiting to get into fight mode, then after beating them, waiting to get out of fight mode. I mean, why not make it streamlined? It just feels like old gameplay mechanics coming into play here. When he finds a locker key why do I have to watch him take hes time bending down to get the locker key. I suppose thinking about it, they are small issues but I feel even these small changes could make the game flow better.  
    I suppose I am willing to take the negatives when such a great story is being told.  

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

Tanimura? I found his story to be interesting, but his fight mechanics, and the fights he gets, to be horribly annoying. Though Saejima was pretty bad too. Didn't like his gameplay at all. Akiyama is the greatest though, kick!  

Though none of them compare to Kiryu, damn. That guy is beast. 

I do wish the getting into encounters were faster as well, but oh well. It's the same engine as 3. Maybe the next game, which will probably use a totally new engine, will be better?
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta
    @Shirogane said:
    " Tanimura? I found his story to be interesting, but his fight mechanics, and the fights he gets, to be horribly annoying. Though Saejima was pretty bad too. Didn't like his gameplay at all. Akiyama is the greatest though, kick!   Though none of them compare to Kiryu, damn. That guy is beast.  I do wish the getting into encounters were faster as well, but oh well. It's the same engine as 3. Maybe the next game, which will probably use a totally new engine, will be better? "
    The next game is a third person shooter so there is not fight mode.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Devil240Z
    @kingzetta said:
    " @Shirogane said:
    " Tanimura? I found his story to be interesting, but his fight mechanics, and the fights he gets, to be horribly annoying. Though Saejima was pretty bad too. Didn't like his gameplay at all. Akiyama is the greatest though, kick!   Though none of them compare to Kiryu, damn. That guy is beast.  I do wish the getting into encounters were faster as well, but oh well. It's the same engine as 3. Maybe the next game, which will probably use a totally new engine, will be better? "
    The next game is a third person shooter so there is not fight mode. "
    Talk about jumping the shark. 
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta
    @Devil240Z said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    " @Shirogane said:
    The next game is a third person shooter so there is not fight mode. "
    Talk about jumping the shark.  "
    I've played the demo it's actually ridiculous and awesome.
    Gun heat moves!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.