Yakuza games might be longer than Elder Scrolls games.

#1 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

I dived back into Yakuza 4 a day before I bought Reckoning, just because. I had not played it in about a year, and my save file had 60 hours on it. After 5 more hours of play, I checked the stats screen to see my completion stat. After 65 hours of play I'm only 30% done with the game. When I last played Skyrim I've put 70 hours into it and have done: the main quest, civil war, 6 deatric quests, and all the factions.  I'm thinking that's got to be more than 30% of the game. 

Yes, I know I'm the biggest Yakuza fanboy here and I'm not saying anything bad about Elder Scrolls games. I'm just saying hot damn there's alot stuff in both of these games.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11435 posts) -

How can you only be 30% done after 65 hours? I beat the game, and did all the side quests in 60 hours. I didn't do all the hostess club stuff (because I'm not that creepy), and there's probably a few other dumb things I missed, but I'm pretty sure my completion was well over 30%.

There's more stuff in Skyrim. Trust me. There are so many dumb little caves and things that it has more content. And eventually you'll run out of things that aren't minigames to do in Yakuza 4, whereas those mini-dungeons will repopulate in Skyrim, and stuff like that.

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12461 posts) -

i finished Yakuza 4 the other day 22 hours in and i was only 10% complete. there's a huge amount of content in the Yakuza games but i don't think i can be bothered to do much more than the sub-stories and the occasional game at Club Sega. some of the stuff like Nair's training are side stuff i liked, too.

#4 Posted by Solidsnak (137 posts) -

Having played all of the Yakuza games so far, isn't a chunk of the completion percentage tied to consuming all the foods and drinks. Collecting stuff isn't really the same as actual quests. Either way having/had fun with both sets of games.

#5 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

How can you only be 30% done after 65 hours? I beat the game, and did all the side quests in 60 hours. I didn't do all the hostess club stuff (because I'm not that creepy), and there's probably a few other dumb things I missed, but I'm pretty sure my completion was well over 30%.

There's more stuff in Skyrim. Trust me. There are so many dumb little caves and things that it has more content. And eventually you'll run out of things that aren't minigames to do in Yakuza 4, whereas those mini-dungeons will repopulate in Skyrim, and stuff like that.

Well the fighter maker dojo side quest took me like 8 hours alone. I also got addicted to darts for a long time.
#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11435 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama: True. I also became obsessed with that fighter dojo, though I don't remember how long it took me. I'd say three or four at most, but I also haven't played the game in upwards of a year, so don't quote me. I think I played darts long enough to get the Trophy, but I don't know if I even got that.

Pachinko, on the other hand. Well, don't get me started. I'll just say I'm glad I have access to fake pachinko. Worth playing just to see the ridiculous Virtua Fighter cutscenes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.