Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 5

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 06, 2012

The fifth entry in the Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza series, overhauled in terms of style and game mechanics.

Yakuza 5, hey Sega, give us a date to anticipate!

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By cosi83

hey. anyone got insiders info on the Yakuza 5 digital release date?

for i leave the Uk again for work in 1 month and i am not taking a console with me! i hope they release it prior to me leaving

i am sad to say that over the past 6 months i have certainly lost enthusiasm for gaming, maybe i have finally grown up (? ha), but Yakuza 5, i just gots to play that! i happened to be in Sapporo duruing the games Japanese release, adding to the thrill

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I keep forgetting this is still a thing because of the lack of a date. It certainly won't be out within a month, though. I'm expecting it in the post-E3 lull, maybe even one of those "It's out right nooooooow" things at E3 (although I doubt it's big enough for that kind of coverage).

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By winsord

It's not scheduled until Q3 at the moment, so I wouldn't expect it any earlier than July (my unsubstantiated guess would be early-to-mid August). I wish they'd just give us a date too, but given the way they're distributing it and everything, I wouldn't be surprised if they only give us a date a month out from when it's showing up on PSN.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm still holding out hope that they might port it to PS4 so I don't have to play it on PS3.

But I really doubt that will happen.

Anyway, the point was that maybe it's taking longer because they are working on a PS4 version. But again, I really doubt that will happen.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm going to guess around E3 time. I have no basis or source for that other than my gut feeling but it just seems like a thing that they would throw out in the summertime as part of a PSN update. What better then for them to be all AND YOU CAN GO DOWNLOAD YAKUZA 5.....RIGHT NOW. And....then all 15 of us who are anticipating it can go bombard the store. :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.