Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza: Dead Souls

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

The sixth title in the Yakuza series, replacing the previous games' semi-realistic storyline with a 'what if' story about a zombie invasion, still starring Kazuma Kiryu and other major Yakuza characters.

Rare title years from now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
    deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

I love Yakuza but I think I'm buying this mainly because I feel it's going to be too rare to afford in a year from now. I can't imagine this selling "millions" like most publishers want. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

There are a ton of other video games that would fall under your category definition of "rare".

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I've never even considered it...are there any PS3 games that have ever been released in the US that are considered "rare" now?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shadows_kill

I could see it being a limited run but honestly not sure if the demand will be that high in the future but hey you never know.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DukesT3

@MB said:

I've never even considered it...are there any PS3 games that have ever been released in the US that are considered "rare" now?

None that I can think of. The last game I had that was considered "rare" was the SMT Nocturne for the ps2 but I think the value of that game dropped from when I bought it like in 04 or something.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi

Many NIS games have limited print runs. I wouldn't worry about this though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@LooseChange said:

@MB said:

None that I can think of. The last game I had that was considered "rare" was the SMT Nocturne for the ps2 but I think the value of that game dropped from when I bought it like in 04 or something.

I think that Ar Tonelico Qoga game may still be worth a pretty penny. And I know Hyperdimension Neptunia was hard to come by for a while, but prices on that seem to have come back down to earth. There;s 1 or 2 other obscure jrpgs that I think are also worth some money too, but yeah, nothing I would consider truly rare. At least not 'rare' like some games were in the PS2 era.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Blannir

None of the Yakuza games are rare so why would this one be any different?

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By abdo

I doubt it. It'll sell just as well as 3 and 4, if not more, due to zombie mass appeal.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Petiew

1-4 can all be found really cheap online, I doubt this one will be any different.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ComradeKhan

WE ALL NEED TO BUY IT NOW BEFORE ITS GONE FOR FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I doubt it. With the exception of Yakuza 2 I've managed to find all the games in the series for under $20. 

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By lavaman77

@MB said:

Enchanted Arms? Deadly Premonition (JP version)?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By biospank
    @LooseChange said:

@MB said:

any NIS game could be considered rare or demon's souls deluxe edition from atlus, Ni No Kuni with the book is considered rare but that is the japanese version of the game.
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mosespippy

@MB said:

I had anticipated Valkyria Chronicles would be after it only sold 40k in it's first month and word of mouth started pushing up demand but then they did a second run with the manufacturer so it's not as difficult to get now as it was when I got my copies. Maybe it'll become rare again some day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
    deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

@Demoskinos said:

Many NIS games have limited print runs. I wouldn't worry about this though.

That's what I was thinking. A lot of NIS games I've wanted are now around $10 more than the original pricing. I picked up Natsume's Rune Factory on PS3, beat it, and refuse to sell it due to it 'possibly' being worth something 10 or 20 years down the road. I also got the Disgaea 4 collector's thingy for the same reason.

As my wife says, "Not that you'll sell it..." because I won't. But I do like knowing some of my older games I currently have are treasures to most.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

@DryvBy: Yep, Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 just came out and for a brief moment I had the urge to find the first. The premium edition that comes in the over sized box is listed at 142$ on Amazon.com now. Ar Tonelico Qoga which I bought just this summer is going for $89. So yeah, I usually buy NIS games on principle simply because of limited print runs.

Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blannir said:

actually i have had trouble finding a decent copy of yakuza 2 since my copy shit the bucket (a faulty ps2 scratched a ring around the disc) at least for a decent price ($40 is as high as i go with certain games)

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have unopened copies of Tomba! and Tomba! 2.

That's rare.

I can't see a Yakuza game ever being rare but maybe.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By killroycantkill

I think the "rare" games ideal is over because people look at histroy and when they see that Mega Man 3 and up for the NES go for like 80, 90 bucks they keep all their games hoping one day they'll make it big on Ebay or something. For me collecting is not something I hope I can sell in the future but more like a time bank to see where games have gone since days of yore and to look upon the improvments they have made over the years. More like a museum that you're able to play with the collection. Though if you're still looking for those "rare" titles I would recommend just picking up every Atlas and NIS game that comes out because those runs are so limited that if you don't buy them week 1 I would see you having trouble finding them months down the line.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blannir

@the_r0n1n_named_47 said:

@Blannir said:

actually i have had trouble finding a decent copy of yakuza 2 since my copy shit the bucket (a faulty ps2 scratched a ring around the disc) at least for a decent price ($40 is as high as i go with certain games)

Gamestop has it for $17 and it's available online if no stores near you have it.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/yakuza-2/71094

Aureoloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Aureoloss

I had one hell of a time finding a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. I'd imagine it would become one of those more expensive titles for nostalgia collectors 15 years from now.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aureoloss said:

I had one hell of a time finding a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. I'd imagine it would become one of those more expensive titles for nostalgia collectors 15 years from now.

Amazon, my friend.  
    23 new from £11.00
    Avatar image for the_r0n1n_named_47
    the_r0n1n_named_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blannir said:

@the_r0n1n_named_47 said:

@Blannir said:

Gamestop has it for $17 and it's available online if no stores near you have it.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/yakuza-2/71094

thanks that helped ALOT now i got all but dead souls and the import ones. anywho... how long has it been available online? not to long ago it wasn't other wise i would have replaced it already :P. again thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.