Yakuza 5 is about a goddamn zombie invasion. I'm serious.

• 0 results
#-49 Posted by Hailinel (22704 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" Is this game getting a Western release by any chance? "
Well, it's questionable when the game will see release at all.  The game was postponed after the earthquake and tsunami, and Sega hasn't yet stated when they plan to reschedule the Japanese release, and until that happens, there's no telling when or if an international release will follow. "
I thought they straight up canceled it? "
Last I heard, it wasn't officially cancelled.  At least, not at the time.  The game was due to be released the following week and the demo had already been posted on the Japanese PSN.
#-48 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
Well, it's questionable when the game will see release at all.  The game was postponed after the earthquake and tsunami, and Sega hasn't yet stated when they plan to reschedule the Japanese release, and until that happens, there's no telling when or if an international release will follow. "
Last I heard, it wasn't officially cancelled.  At least, not at the time.  The game was due to be released the following week and the demo had already been posted on the Japanese PSN. "
The chances of a Western release are pretty slim but considering how the franchise is doing quite well in the West (thanks to Yakuza 3 and 4) it might be a possibility. I wouldn't out my money on it but I'll definitely give it to them if they do release it here. 
#-47 Posted by chrissedoff (2041 posts) -
@Axersia said:
" One of the guys working on the game said there probably won't be a Yakuza 6 if this game doesn't perform well, so I'm a little surprised they're taking the series in a direction that probably doesn't appeal to Japanese people. There's really no reason for them to cater to Western audiences as the Yakuza games are probably the worst-selling Japanese games in the West. "
how do zombies not appeal to japanese people? aren't there like a thousand zombie movies from japan?
#-46 Posted by Yummylee (20559 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @Napalm said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
Last I heard, it wasn't officially cancelled.  At least, not at the time.  The game was due to be released the following week and the demo had already been posted on the Japanese PSN. "
The chances of a Western release are pretty slim but considering how the franchise is doing quite well in the West (thanks to Yakuza 3 and 4) it might be a possibility. I wouldn't out my money on it but I'll definitely give it to them if they do release it here.  "
How did the sales go for Yakuza 3+4? No doubt that's the striking factor that'll determine we'll get the release over here, since they appear to be more confident towards Yakuza with the West. I recall Yakuza 3 at least doing surprisingly well.
#-45 Posted by the_r0n1n_named_47 (158 posts) -

this is a ryu ga gotoku/yakuza spin off, just like Ryu Ga Gotoku: Kenzan!!, of the end has nothing to do with the story canon and more to do with "zombie fun"....and yes zombies are fun

#-44 Posted by Takaithepanda (2 posts) -

Disappointment really. Almost as disappointed as when I thought Kazuma died at the end of 3.

#-43 Posted by benpicko (1923 posts) -
@Takaithepanda said:
Disappointment really. Almost as disappointed as when I thought Kazuma died at the end of 3.
I like how your first post is a spoiler on a thread that hasn't been posted on in 4 months.
#-42 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

Another day, another franchise dead.

#-41 Posted by Hailinel (22704 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Another day, another franchise dead.

Except it's not. Of the End is just a goofy spin-off, not a proper sequel, much like Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!, which takes place during the samurai era. Sega's Yakuza team just began work on the actual Yakuza 5.

#-40 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Oh wait, I saw a commercial for this game while I was in Tokyo in February.  I never knew it was a Yakuza game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.