Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yar's Revenge

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 12, 2011

Named after, but not inspired by, the Atari 2600 game, this game follows Yar, an alien warrior, who seeks to claim her bloody vengeance against the Qotile, the malevolent race who attempted genocide against her species.

Yar's Revenge re-listed on XBLA and now $5

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathdealer108

Only a few probably noticed its absence, but Yar's Revenge was de-listed last month with no explanation. Lots of xbla titles have been de-listed recently with shutdowns and license expirations. In what seems to be a possible permanent price drop the game is going for 400 msp right now. Or it could be a re-listing sale. $5 seems reasonable for what it is. I remember enjoying the Quick Look so I'm going to jump on it before its gone again just in case.

Also, does it bother anyone else that they shifted the apostrophe from the original 2600 Yars' Revenge? WHY ugh.

I have 400 msp burning a hole in my pocket, and the only other XBLA game on sale that I don't have and looks weird/fun is Zeno Clash. I'll probably go with Yar's simply for the fact it seems like Sin and Punishment. Star Successor is a blast on the Wii.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

I hadn't realized it was de-listed before today, though I assumed that re-listing was the case after seeing it in the new releases.

$5 is a good price. I quite enjoyed that game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

The reboot looked awful and did not remind me of Yars' Revenge 
    They didn't even seem to get that it was the revenge of Yars not the revenge of Yar 
    Meh. 
    They probably would've done better to make something more in line with the original game but with some cool twist (like those crazy pac man games did). Probably would've cost less to make too. That is speculation though.

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Deathdealer108

@CornBREDX: The game is totally pulling on my liking of Sin and Punishment not Yars'. Besides the look of the shield, they having nothing to do with one another it seems. Honestly Atari could of slapped any name on this game that wasn't a call back. The reference is lost on new players, and upsets those who played the original. I totally get you.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

I think Zeno Clash is legitimately a better game than Yars' Revenge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.