Are you pro or anti Yoshi?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Dalai (6870 posts) -

Gonna be honest, I'm normally not a fan of Yoshi in any form. I've always found him to be a bit awkward. I hated him in Smash Bros. (any of them) and he was just okay in Super Mario World. And after playing through some of the Yoshi stages in Galaxy 2, I realize I may never, ever understand why people love Yoshi. 

So the question is simple. Fuck Yoshi or not fuck Yoshi?

#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

I'm Proshi. I find his noises amusing and his dinosaur powers useful.

#3 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

who the hell is anti yoshi? anyone who dislikes yoshi in any way needs to be shot

#4 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -

I always play as him in Mario Kart, gotta love the drifting.

#5 Posted by dbz1995 (4786 posts) -
@Dalai said:
Fuck Yoshi or not fuck Yoshi? "
Which one is the 'pro Yoshi' in that?

If you don't like Yoshi you are truely heartless.
#6 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Pro yoshi, his dinosaur noises get into my brain.

#7 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" who the hell is anti yoshi? anyone who dislikes yoshi in any way needs to be shot "
#8 Posted by Dalai (6870 posts) -

I'm surrounded by Yoshi fanboys I guess. Okay, I'll admit he's actually pretty cool in Galaxy 2, especially when he nom noms on a dash pepper, but in most other instances, fuck Yoshi!

#9 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" who the hell is anti yoshi? anyone who dislikes yoshi in any way needs to be shot "
Ryan isn't a Yoshi fan.
#10 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" I'm surrounded by Yoshi fanboys I guess. Okay, I'll admit he's actually pretty cool in Galaxy 2, especially when he nom noms on a dash pepper, but in most other instances, fuck Yoshi! "
damn right we are yoshi fanboys. nothing beats him. not even kirby
#11 Posted by Red (5991 posts) -

Goshi.

#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

I'm pro-Yoshi, his abilities in the Mario games have always been very helpful.

#13 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" @Ryax said:
Ryan isn't a Yoshi fan. "
then it saddens me to say this but ryan has lost his beauty in my eyes
#14 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" @Ryax said:
Ryan isn't a Yoshi fan. "
Ryan is a bad person.
#15 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I love Yoshi! :D

#16 Posted by Sweep (8534 posts) -

Fuck Yoshi, i'm with Ryan. Yoshi embodies the beginning of the over-cute aesthetic of the Mario franchise. It's because of characters like Yoshi that videogames are still considered childish. His noises are fucking annoying as well.

Don't even get me started on Birdo.

#17 Posted by OmegaPirate (5518 posts) -

Yoshi can choke on any of the objects he eats, hes the scrappy doo of mario

#18 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Haven't played Galaxy 2 yet, but I could never get the hang of Yoshi's weird jump. So...anti Yoshi, I guess.

#19 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" Fuck Yoshi, i'm with Ryan. Yoshi embodies the beginning of the over-cute aesthetic of the Mario franchise. It's because of characters like Yoshi that videogames are still considered childish. His noises are fucking annoying as well.

"
Many people LOVE Birdo
Case in point.....

#20 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

Yoshi scares me.

#21 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

I love Yoshi

#22 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" Fuck Yoshi, i'm with Ryan. Yoshi embodies the beginning of the over-cute aesthetic of the Mario franchise. It's because of characters like Yoshi that videogames are still considered childish."

You're talking about a videogame where a tiny Italian plumber has to eat mushrooms to get bigger and who jumps on walking muffins.
#23 Posted by Dalai (6870 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" Fuck Yoshi, i'm with Ryan. Yoshi embodies the beginning of the over-cute aesthetic of the Mario franchise. It's because of characters like Yoshi that videogames are still considered childish. His noises are fucking annoying as well.

"
Birdo is like the Adam Lambert of video game characters. Fuck her... er... him, it, whatever.
#24 Posted by Shadow (4965 posts) -

I'm sick of Ryan and his anti-Yoshi propaganda manipulating this community.

#25 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" @Sweep said:

"
Many people LOVE Birdo
Case in point.....

"
too creepy for my taste
#26 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

I never understood the yoshi hate

#27 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

I do not like Yoshi.

#28 Posted by weegieanawrench (1917 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" @Sweep said:

"
Many people LOVE Birdo
Case in point.....

"
Birdo sucks, and this picture is creeping me the fuck out. 

On topic though, Proshi!

Also, this would have made a good poll.
#29 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Anti-Yoshi. 

Pro-Dalai. 

= D

#30 Edited by I_smell (3926 posts) -

I hate Yoshi. Fuck that guy.
Mario kind of appeals to everyone; he's a guy with a moustache and a red hat. Who is he aimed at? How old is he? It doesn't matter- He's just a guy and that's all you need to know. The only thing annoying about Mario is his voice makes him sound like a clown, but that's fine cos he doesn't talk much.
With Yoshi though, I instantly just hate the way he's drawn. He's overly chubby, he's made out of circles, he's got these dull expressionless cow eyes that're kind of stuck on his head and don't make sense. He looks like a late-addition Pokemon. Also he's nothing like a dinosaur- Give him like a block head and a long tail or something. I'd actually love for Yoshi to be exactly the same, but a crocodile. Or if they just went all the way and made him a dog. I would just love that. I'd love if he didn't have a really over-synthed voice like those new chipmunk movies.
Anyway, before I write pages n pages, I'll kind of just summarise by sayin that Mario is for everyone and Yoshi is very clearly for toddlers.
 Also, yes, Scrappy Doo.

#31 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@weegieanawrench: 
The real creepy part is you can tell it's a guy in the costume.....

Also I'm Proshi I guess,
Though i really wouldn't care if he died and never came back.
#32 Posted by Dalai (6870 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Anti-Yoshi.  Pro-Dalai.  = D "
What? Even I am not pro-Dalai!
#33 Posted by Progman9000 (258 posts) -

Yoshi was the inspiration for my internet username I've used since I was 13.  So yes, I'm Proshi.  Unless we're talking about Yoshi's Story.  That game was not good.

#34 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -
@mjwyoshi64 said:
" Yoshi was the inspiration for my internet username I've used since I was 13.  So yes, I'm Proshi.  Unless we're talking about Yoshi's Story.  That game was not good. "
Oh man, I really liked Yoshi's Story. I have so many fond memories of that game.
#35 Posted by Daveyo520 (6595 posts) -

Hmmm, I think I am pro  Yoshi.
#36 Posted by RobotHamster (4155 posts) -

Proshi

#37 Posted by Dalai (6870 posts) -

Proshi? The hell with that shit! 

NOSHI!

#38 Posted by Ben_H (3199 posts) -
@Claude said:

" I love Yoshi

"
I didn't get to finish that video.  About five seconds in I was hit by an oncoming nostalgia train and had to be rushed to hospital.
#39 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -
@Ben_H: 

Give this man a large-bore IV of PROSHI STAT!!!
#40 Posted by Sweep (8534 posts) -
@Bellum said:
" @Sweep said:
" Fuck Yoshi, i'm with Ryan. Yoshi embodies the beginning of the over-cute aesthetic of the Mario franchise. It's because of characters like Yoshi that videogames are still considered childish."
 You're talking about a videogame where a tiny Italian plumber has to eat mushrooms to get bigger and who jumps on walking muffins. "
I think the Mario franchise has sinister undertones which, in your naivety, you have completely missed out on. 

#41 Edited by JoelTGM (5591 posts) -

Yoshi is annoying.

edit:  haha, good picture ^

#42 Posted by DrRandle (1189 posts) -

I think he's super adorable. And I also think that Yoshi's Island was one of the absolute best platformers ever made... so I'm pretty pro-yoshi. (Proshi? No... No...)

#43 Posted by Abomstar (137 posts) -

Yoshi rules. I had never overheard any anti-Yoshi sentiment prior to Mr. Davis spewing his filth; not sure what there is to get up in arms about concerning him. I'll admit I never enjoyed using him in the Kart games, and it took a long time to get decent with him in Smash, but considering Yoshi's Island is one of the most innovative, whimsical, and all-around entertaining platformers ever, he's (it's, they're) completely immune to criticism in my book.

#44 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -

I'm a Yoshi denier-

@Coombs said:

" @
Many people LOVE Birdo
Case in point.....

"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
#45 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
#46 Posted by Progman9000 (258 posts) -
@Claude said:
" @mjwyoshi64 said:
" Yoshi was the inspiration for my internet username I've used since I was 13.  So yes, I'm Proshi.  Unless we're talking about Yoshi's Story.  That game was not good. "
Oh man, I really liked Yoshi's Story. I have so many fond memories of that game. "
Honestly, looking back, it probably wasn't as bad as I remember.  At the time I think I was just hoping so much for a sequel to Yoshi's Island that anything that wasn't that was a complete bummer.
#47 Posted by DystopiaX (5240 posts) -
@Ryax said:
#48 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I suppose I'm indifferent. Can't say I really enjoy levels of Mario where Yoshi is predominent, and he's no fun in Smash bros either, but there's something about the character that I sorta like.

#49 Posted by Broitman (151 posts) -

I'm only pro yoshi when he's part of a mario game. When he's on his own it's substantially less entertaining. 

#50 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

Pro Yoshi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.